Book Week Scotland 2020
Monday 16 to Sunday 22 November, 2020
Book Week Scotland is an annual celebration of books and reading in Scotland. People of all ages and walks of life come together in libraries, schools, community venues and workplaces to share and enjoy books and reading. During the week Scotland’s authors, poets, playwrights, storytellers and illustrators will be celebrated with a packed programme of events and projects.
Programme for 2020
Book Week Scotland Digital Events
Book Week Scotland Glasgow Libraries
21 November, 2020 at 10.30 a.m. – 12.30 a.m.
Alan is a master crafts-person in this form – witness his remarkable MOIRA & MORE MOIRA MONOLOGUES and THE RED HOURGLASS, as well as many other award-winning plays and stories. This is the first workshop of two.
West Dunbartonshire Libraries – Free Online Events
16 – 21 November, 2020
Fantastic Programme with great line up of authors including Denise Mina, Chris McQueer and Peter May.
Agatha Christie from 1950s to the Future
18 November, 2020
In a talk marking 100 years since the publication of Agatha Christie’s first novel, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, Sara Sheridan will discuss the celebrated crime author, and how the 1950s relate to modern day.
This event will be broadcast on Sighthill Library’s Facebook page on Wednesday 18 November at 7.00pm.
This event is supported by The Scottish Library and Information Council (SLIC)
Crafting Short Plays
Don’t Let A Disability Hold You Back
17 November, 2020 7 p.m.
An Evening with Vilborg Daviosdottir – 16 November, 2020
Vilborg Daviosdottir is an Icelandic writer and storyteller. This evening she will be sharing on Zoom the story of the famous Icelandic Viking woman called Auor the Deepminded, who was a sailor, a leader an intrepid woman.
Viborg’s virtual visit coincides with an exhibition at Taigh Chearsabhagh by the artist Meg Rodger. Part of Meg’s residency was spent in Iceland, where she wove an amazing ragged wool cloak as would have been worn by Auor. Meg and Vilborg will be in conversation during the evening.
Free – Join the Event Online
Book Week Scotland – Douglas Stuart, Creative Conversations
16 November, 2020 6 p.m.
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Paisley Book Festival – A Kist of Thistles
- Film Festival Institut Francais
- How Does It Feel To Be Loved – Virtual Dance Party
- Interactive Map – Global Burns Suppers
- The Burns Supper Addressed Burns Centre University of Glasgow
- Hannah Lavery Creative Conversations
- Hand Made Guitars – Glasgow
- The Acoustic Night Special Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Swans and ducks on the Forth and Clyde Canal
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community