Radical Film Network 6818 Launch, Glasgow
May Day – Tuesday 1 May, 2018 at 7 p.m.
citizenM, 60 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G2 3BW
Radical Film Network Scotland commemorating the fiftieth anniversary of 1968, a tumultuous year in politics and cinema. Anti-Vietnam protests rocked the world and students rioted with workers in Paris, as tanks rolled into Prague to quell its spring. Protestors shut down the Cannes Film Festival whilst a new breed of artist and activist would challenge conventional notions of cinema with underground films.
Celebrate this legacy on May Day 2018 – exploring the spirit of ’68 with poetry & spoken word, films, music and psychedelic visuals of the era. Happenings of the 1960s came from performance art and there will be live art on the night, recreating iconic imagery from the barricades of ’68.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables