Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
Thursday, 22 August, 2019, 6 p.m.- 8 p.m.
The Glad Cafe
An informal launch with readings and music
Throughout the Spring and early Summer, Henry Bell and Alec Finlay were Glasgow Creative Communities artists in residence in Pollokshields.
Over three months they met with community groups, schools, and locals and discussed achievable, desirable and impossible proposals for the Pollokshields Ward, from Shawland’s Cross to Eglinton Toll and out to Craigton.
Photographs and poster proposals from the project will be exhibited at the Glad Cafe in August, and this event marks the launch of the exhibition, with readings and music from local artists:
And Nicola White
Please join us. The event is free.
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HB
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Celtic Connections 2020 – Fionnuala Boyle
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Periodical Publishing with Gerry Cambridge, Joy Hendry & Henry Bell
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Americana City Halls, Celtic Connections 2020