Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
Thursday, 22 August, 2019, 6 p.m.- 8 p.m.
The Glad Cafe
An informal launch with readings and music
Throughout the Spring and early Summer, Henry Bell and Alec Finlay were Glasgow Creative Communities artists in residence in Pollokshields.
Over three months they met with community groups, schools, and locals and discussed achievable, desirable and impossible proposals for the Pollokshields Ward, from Shawland’s Cross to Eglinton Toll and out to Craigton.
Photographs and poster proposals from the project will be exhibited at the Glad Cafe in August, and this event marks the launch of the exhibition, with readings and music from local artists:
And Nicola White
Please join us. The event is free.
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HB
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations