Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
Thursday, 22 August, 2019, 6 p.m.- 8 p.m.
The Glad Cafe
An informal launch with readings and music
Throughout the Spring and early Summer, Henry Bell and Alec Finlay were Glasgow Creative Communities artists in residence in Pollokshields.
Over three months they met with community groups, schools, and locals and discussed achievable, desirable and impossible proposals for the Pollokshields Ward, from Shawland’s Cross to Eglinton Toll and out to Craigton.
Photographs and poster proposals from the project will be exhibited at the Glad Cafe in August, and this event marks the launch of the exhibition, with readings and music from local artists:
And Nicola White
Please join us. The event is free.
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HB
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South