Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
Thursday, 22 August, 2019, 6 p.m.- 8 p.m.
The Glad Cafe
An informal launch with readings and music
Throughout the Spring and early Summer, Henry Bell and Alec Finlay were Glasgow Creative Communities artists in residence in Pollokshields.
Over three months they met with community groups, schools, and locals and discussed achievable, desirable and impossible proposals for the Pollokshields Ward, from Shawland’s Cross to Eglinton Toll and out to Craigton.
Photographs and poster proposals from the project will be exhibited at the Glad Cafe in August, and this event marks the launch of the exhibition, with readings and music from local artists:
And Nicola White
Please join us. The event is free.
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HB
- James Robertson – Live Author Event
- Creative Writing with Marjorie Lofti Gill
- Scottish Writers Showcase 3 – Creative Conversations
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Lindisfarne at Cottiers
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist