Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
Thursday, 22 August, 2019, 6 p.m.- 8 p.m.
The Glad Cafe
An informal launch with readings and music
Throughout the Spring and early Summer, Henry Bell and Alec Finlay were Glasgow Creative Communities artists in residence in Pollokshields.
Over three months they met with community groups, schools, and locals and discussed achievable, desirable and impossible proposals for the Pollokshields Ward, from Shawland’s Cross to Eglinton Toll and out to Craigton.
Photographs and poster proposals from the project will be exhibited at the Glad Cafe in August, and this event marks the launch of the exhibition, with readings and music from local artists:
And Nicola White
Please join us. The event is free.
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HB
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Doghouse Roses & Dumb Instrument CCA
- Seven Song Club: Willie Campbell (Astrid), Bensider, Adriana Spina
- Meet the Author, Angela Robb, Fruin Farm
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Joint Book Launch: Tracy Patrick and Fiona Lindsay
- Vincent Price: Master of Menace, Lover of Life + The Abominable Dr Phibes GFT
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Script to Stage Renfrewshire
- Memorial Evening for Janet Paisley CCA
- Bloody Scotland 2019
- Alexandria Writers Open Mic
- Theresa Talbot Creative Writing Workshop