7 – 26 February, 2020
Bong Joon Ho (The Host, Okja) brings his singular mastery home to Korea in this pitch-black modern fairytale.
Meet the Park Family, the picture of aspirational wealth, and the Kim Family, rich in street smarts but not much else. By a stroke of fate, these two houses are brought together and the Kims sense a golden opportunity.
The Kim children expediently install themselves as tutor and art therapist to the Parks. The Kims provide ‘indispensable’ luxury services while the Parks obliviously bankroll their entire household. But when the Kims’ newfound comfort is threatened, a savage battle for dominance breaks out, threatening to destroy the fragile ecosystem between the two families.
By turns darkly hilarious and heart-wrenching, Parasite showcases a modern master at the top of his game. Nominated for six Oscars, it is the must-see film of the year.
Tickets for screenings on 14-26 February will go on sale on 23 January.
A member of the GFT team will host an informal chat about Parasite on Monday 10 February at 7.40pm in the Project Room. If you’ve seen the film, come along for a discussion with fellow film fans.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- The Social Isolation Film Festival curated by GFT
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, The August Virgin review Fionnuala Boyle
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Celebrates Record Audience Figures
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Women Make Film
- International Women’s Day Glasgow 2020 – Bike for Good
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Billie
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Anderson Falls
- Glasgow Film Festival: A Night of Horror: Nightmare Radio
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Our Ladies
- Glasgow Film Festival: Romantic Comedy + Live Score by Summer Camp
- Days of the Bagnold Summer Glasgow Film Festival
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Parasite (black and white version announced)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Visible Cinema: Films Meditating on the D/deaf experience Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Jazz on a Summer’s Day review by Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Secret Location: Final Destination
- Country Strand at Glasgow Fllm Festival 2020 – Iceland Northern Shining Lights