7 – 26 February, 2020
Bong Joon Ho (The Host, Okja) brings his singular mastery home to Korea in this pitch-black modern fairytale.
Meet the Park Family, the picture of aspirational wealth, and the Kim Family, rich in street smarts but not much else. By a stroke of fate, these two houses are brought together and the Kims sense a golden opportunity.
The Kim children expediently install themselves as tutor and art therapist to the Parks. The Kims provide ‘indispensable’ luxury services while the Parks obliviously bankroll their entire household. But when the Kims’ newfound comfort is threatened, a savage battle for dominance breaks out, threatening to destroy the fragile ecosystem between the two families.
By turns darkly hilarious and heart-wrenching, Parasite showcases a modern master at the top of his game. Nominated for six Oscars, it is the must-see film of the year.
Tickets for screenings on 14-26 February will go on sale on 23 January.
A member of the GFT team will host an informal chat about Parasite on Monday 10 February at 7.40pm in the Project Room. If you’ve seen the film, come along for a discussion with fellow film fans.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Moments of Resistance by Femspectives
- Iberodocs Lisbon Beat CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress GFT
- Parasite GFT
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Love Sarah, Glasgow Film Festival
- The Public, GFT
- Little Joe, GFT
- Greed GFT
- Lost Transmissions, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Whistlers, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Secret Location: Final Destination
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco