Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
18 – 27 February, 2021
During Lockdown books and reading have been a great source of comfort for so many people. The Paisley Book Festival has a fabulous programme lined up with something for everyone on their digital stage.
Radical New Futures: Launch Event 18 February, 7 p.m.
Hannah Lavery, Laura Waddell and Alan Bissett
The launch for this year’s festival will provide a taste of what’s in store over the ten days of Paisley Book Festival. Poet, playwright and performer Hannah Lavery, whose recent works The Drift and Lament for Sheku Boyah both call for accountability from a society that remains determined to look the other way. Writer Laura Waddell, whose recent book, Exit, is a wide-ranging exploration of exit signs and what might be on the other side. Finally, Renfrewshire resident Alan Bissett with his new novella Lazy Suzan.
18 February, 9.30 p.m. Women With Fierce Words
How Poets See The World with Brian Whittingham
What It Means To Overcome – Poems and Short Stories
23 February at 5 p.m. with Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Mairi Murphy
The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid 20 February
A Kist of Thistle 25 February, 2021 5p.m. – 6 p.m.
For the Kids
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Rigging Hill, Largs. October 2021
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Glasgow Open House Arts Festival 2021
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Janine Jansen: Falling for Stradivari, GFT
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT