Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
18 – 27 February, 2021
During Lockdown books and reading have been a great source of comfort for so many people. The Paisley Book Festival has a fabulous programme lined up with something for everyone on their digital stage.
Radical New Futures: Launch Event 18 February, 7 p.m.
Hannah Lavery, Laura Waddell and Alan Bissett
The launch for this year’s festival will provide a taste of what’s in store over the ten days of Paisley Book Festival. Poet, playwright and performer Hannah Lavery, whose recent works The Drift and Lament for Sheku Boyah both call for accountability from a society that remains determined to look the other way. Writer Laura Waddell, whose recent book, Exit, is a wide-ranging exploration of exit signs and what might be on the other side. Finally, Renfrewshire resident Alan Bissett with his new novella Lazy Suzan.
18 February, 9.30 p.m. Women With Fierce Words
How Poets See The World with Brian Whittingham
What It Means To Overcome – Poems and Short Stories
23 February at 5 p.m. with Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Mairi Murphy
The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid 20 February
A Kist of Thistle 25 February, 2021 5p.m. – 6 p.m.
For the Kids
- Summer of Stories at The Hunterian
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Reel Roots: Windrush at GFT
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Letters of Hope, Milk Cafe, Refugee Festival
- The Voyage Out: The Travel Writing Workshop with Linda Jackson
- Goldilocks Goes to Greece, Summer Panto OranMor
- Acting Up – Drama Workshops for Children and Young People
- Glasgow Pride Mardi Gla – U of G Group
- Roy’s West End View: History is bunk …and it ends just outside London
- Young Planters Pop up Plant Sale
- Artist Aid Ukraine – The Pentagon, Glasgow
- The Words – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Stories of Our Worlds – Refugee Festival 2022
- Our Past and Present Beautiful Lives: part of Refugee Week
- Eusebi Afternoon Tea – Charity Fundraiser