Newtopia: Women With Fierce Words, Paisley Book Festival
18 February, 2021 9.30 p.m.
Authors From Home
Newtopia is a multimedia performance of writing emerging from women’s disrupted lives as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. It is presented by Women With Fierce Words – an inclusive collective of established women writers.
They will be joined from India by the award-winning poet, Saima Afreen. They have creatively examined this tumultuous time, its impact on their careers, family life, as well as the physical and emotional impact it has had on them.
Hear their powerful words as they weave a radical new future and join the conversation online.
- Book Launch – Peter May: The Night Gate
- Yer Old Faither review by Pat Byrne
- Spring Blossom Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Wildland Glasgow Film Festival Online review Pat Byrne
- Yer Old Faither, Glasgow Film Festival Online
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- CLIC Sargent – World Book Day Fundraiser
- Spring Fling Queen Margaret Drive
- The Knitting Station by Kirsti Wishart – book launch
- Creative Conversations Don Paterson
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival 2021 review by Pat Byrne
- Andrew Painting & Jim Crumley: #Wee Nature Fest
- February Noise – Refuweegee
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- International Mother Language Day 21 February 2021
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival Online 2021