Newtopia: Women With Fierce Words, Paisley Book Festival
18 February, 2021 9.30 p.m.
Authors From Home
Newtopia is a multimedia performance of writing emerging from women’s disrupted lives as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. It is presented by Women With Fierce Words – an inclusive collective of established women writers.
They will be joined from India by the award-winning poet, Saima Afreen. They have creatively examined this tumultuous time, its impact on their careers, family life, as well as the physical and emotional impact it has had on them.
Hear their powerful words as they weave a radical new future and join the conversation online.
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- Govan Stones Music Festival