Newtopia: Women With Fierce Words, Paisley Book Festival
18 February, 2021 9.30 p.m.
Authors From Home
Newtopia is a multimedia performance of writing emerging from women’s disrupted lives as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. It is presented by Women With Fierce Words – an inclusive collective of established women writers.
They will be joined from India by the award-winning poet, Saima Afreen. They have creatively examined this tumultuous time, its impact on their careers, family life, as well as the physical and emotional impact it has had on them.
Hear their powerful words as they weave a radical new future and join the conversation online.
- Refugees for Justice, Remembrance Bench Dedication
- Glasgow Film Festival Announces 2022 Programme
- Terrence Higgins Trust 10K Fundraiser in Glasgow
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty
- Sense Scotland Christmas Concert Online
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- No Radio Silence – launch of film by Unity Sisters
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Hugh Reed and the Velvet Underpants, Carlton Studios
- Smokehead Sessions Festive Concert Livestream with Dave Arcari