Our Right, Our Communities, Our Stories Exhibition
11 – 16 November, 2022
The Deep End,21 Nithsdale Street, Govanhill G41 2PZ
Event by Govanhill Baths Community Trust
The exhibition is free to attend and will be hosted at the Deep End, 21 Nithsdale Street, Glasgow, G41 2PZ. The exhibition will open on the 11th of November with an opening night from 6 to 8pm to celebrate its launch, with catering provided. It will be open on the weekend of 12th and 13th from 12am-4pm and on the 14th- 16th from 12pm to 6pm.
Come along and celebrate everything that’s been achieved in the first phase of the Our Rights, Our Communities project this year with ‘Our Stories’ exhibition: from 11th to 16th November in The Deep End.
Refugees, asylum seeking and migrant women used painting, crocheting, crafting and other creative skills to express themselves, whilst discussing issues of advocacy they face on a daily basis and developing peer-advocacy skills.
During this week hear their stories of strength, and how New Scots women are bringing this to Scotland as they rebuild their lives, contributing towards making Scotland stronger.
These and future artworks will also be shared on social media, disseminating New Scots women’s voices and stories as they develop confidence and a sense of belonging, and search for community solidarity for their Human Rights.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Stage and Screen Exhibition at The Hunterian
- A Stone, A Spark and A Shard of Glass Exhibition
- The Lush Exhibition – Project-Ability
- Colour Stories of the Glasgow Style, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- ‘Revolutionary Colour: A Tour of British Art’, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Glasgow Doors Open Days – It Was The Loom That Broke My Heart
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Art Show, Ardardan Garden Centre
- Wednesday Wanders at The Whisky Bond
- GI Oils Exhibition – From East to West
- Sogo Arts – Art by Tommy
- Drawing Together Project – Refugee Festival Scotland
- Banksy at GOMA – Cut and Run
- Paintings on Railings at West Fest
- Robert Burns Photography Exhibition – A Window On Ukraine
- REVEAL – previously Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair
- Mary Quant Fashion Revolutionary at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- A Rare Glimpse of Shakespeare’s First Folio at The Hunterian Art Gallery
- Maryhill is Wonderful – photography exhibition of the people of Maryhill