No Universal Credit Evictions – Leafletting Partick
Thursday 13 February, 2020 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Hosted by Living Rent Glasgow
Universal Credit is causing rent arrears and forcing people into destitution and homelessness. A waiting time of five weeks or more, deductions from payments, sanctions, and inadequate payments are all part of the “Universal Credit experience,”
Living Rent’s No Universal Credit Evictions Team has been working since September last year to put an end to evictions that are the result of Universal Credit across Glasgow!
Join them for a leafletting session in Partick at 11am on Thursday the 13th of February and help strengthen the campaign.
‘Come rain or shine, we will be spreading the word about the campaign to build our member base, and to learn about people’s lived experiences with UC.’
This section: Community event
Filed under: Community event
- World Food Day 2020 – Propogate Scotland
- Fly your flag in Woodlands!
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Govanhill Baths Archive Showcase
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Zine Making, Govanhill Book Festival 2020
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Black Lives Matter – Anti-Racism Community Reflection on Zoom
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
- Befriending Food Experience, Games and Grub
- Five Ways to Wellbeing Children’s Wood and North Kelvin Meadow
- G20 Festival – U Fix It Cafe and Clothes Swop
- No Universal Credit Evictions – Leafletting Partick
- Old KIlpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Bishopton