G20 Festival – U Fix It Cafe and Clothes Swop
Sunday 23 February, 2020 – 12 p.m. until 4 p.m.
G20 Festival, Unit 3a The Quadrangle Shuna Street, G20 9PX
This is the second in a series of events deigned to support you in fixing broken items. Join the G20 Festival team of volunteer experts who will support you in repairing items. Please get in touch if you’d like to volunteer or if you have ideas/skills to support specific repair jobs. On the day there will be a small bistro offering food for sale, run by volunteers. All proceeds will go back to this community initiative.
Bikes, Phones, Clothes Repair
At the event you will be supported to fix/adapt bikes, repair phones and fix clothes and small soft furnishings and there will be a clothes swap
Sending details regarding parts etc
G20 Festival’s phone, screen and battery man says: “if new parts are likely to be required for something like a phone (a broken screen or a battery that has gone flat) then send pictures so that you can be advised what pieces you need to get in before the session.
Please name clearly the model of the phone. A new phone screen is often only a £10 – £20 compared to buying a new phone at £100’s of pounds.”
Clothes Repair Team
The clothing repair team say “Don’t ditch – stitch! If any of your clothes have lost a button, worn a hole, frayed at the edges, or are coming apart at the seams, help can be provided to make them wearable once more. Discover the joys of buttonhole stitch, hemming, darning mushrooms, and the (nearly) lost art of sitting around chatting and sewing. If you have your own scissors, needles and thread/darning wool, bring them along, but if not they can be supplied. Left-handers especially welcome but can work with righties too! “
This section: Community event, Free Events, Kids and young people
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
- Befriending Food Experience, Games and Grub
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- Five Ways to Wellbeing Children’s Wood and North Kelvin Meadow
- EVENT CANCELLED Cheeky Besom Productions – ‘Artists With Attitude’ Presents Linda Jackson
- G20 Festival – U Fix It Cafe and Clothes Swop
- Country Funk Fridays – Reopening Tennent’s Bar Basement
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- No Universal Credit Evictions – Leafletting Partick
- Old KIlpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Bishopton
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Lin Anderson at Weegie Wednesday
- Campire Club Rousing Rebels, Paisley
- Paisley Book Festival: Opening Night: Radical Renfrewshire
- Poets in the Library – Paisley Book Festival
- Learn Gaelic – Family Fun Session at NLS Kelvinhall