Music Broth Grow With Music Youth Project
Enrolment Session, 24 March, 2019 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Music Broth – Scotland’s 1st Musical Instrument & Equipment Library has secured funding from the GCDT Youth Activity Grant to deliver an 8 week music programme for up to 30 young people aged 12 – 17 years. The programme will offer different music activities (i.e. guitar, ukulele, music production and recording, violin, keyboard/piano, singing and song appreciation, rapping, introduction to modular synthesis, percussion) and be available on an opt in basis. Music Broth will be working with lots of talented tutors and music organisations to make the experience as worthwhile as possible.
Young people will also be given the opportunity to gain a Dynamic Youth Award through their engagement with the programme. A showcase event will be organised to bring the young people, volunteers, families and tutors together to celebrate, and we will encourage attendees to do short performances alongside some local music talent to gain inspiration as well as present the young people with their Dynamic Youth Award. Alongside this project there will also be some drop-in sessions – TBC
To start the programme you are invited to enrol in the project on Sunday 24th March between 1pm – 4pm at Music Broth HQ. When there will be a celebration of Music For All’s Learn to Play Day with some free music taster lessons on offer.
Spread the word and make young people aware of this amazing opportunity!
Music Broth, Unit 7, Victoria Court Workspaces, 8 Hollybrook Street, Govanhill, G42 7HB
This section: Classes and Workshops, Community event, Courses, Kids and young people
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- Black Lives Matter – Anti-Racism Community Reflection on Zoom
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Do You Remember Marseilles Charity Single
- Learn How To Use Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – Top Documentary Picks for Young People
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020