Music Broth Grow With Music Youth Project
Enrolment Session, 24 March, 2019 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Music Broth – Scotland’s 1st Musical Instrument & Equipment Library has secured funding from the GCDT Youth Activity Grant to deliver an 8 week music programme for up to 30 young people aged 12 – 17 years. The programme will offer different music activities (i.e. guitar, ukulele, music production and recording, violin, keyboard/piano, singing and song appreciation, rapping, introduction to modular synthesis, percussion) and be available on an opt in basis. Music Broth will be working with lots of talented tutors and music organisations to make the experience as worthwhile as possible.
Young people will also be given the opportunity to gain a Dynamic Youth Award through their engagement with the programme. A showcase event will be organised to bring the young people, volunteers, families and tutors together to celebrate, and we will encourage attendees to do short performances alongside some local music talent to gain inspiration as well as present the young people with their Dynamic Youth Award. Alongside this project there will also be some drop-in sessions – TBC
To start the programme you are invited to enrol in the project on Sunday 24th March between 1pm – 4pm at Music Broth HQ. When there will be a celebration of Music For All’s Learn to Play Day with some free music taster lessons on offer.
Spread the word and make young people aware of this amazing opportunity!
Music Broth, Unit 7, Victoria Court Workspaces, 8 Hollybrook Street, Govanhill, G42 7HB
This section: Classes and Workshops, Community event, Courses, Kids and young people
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Light Up Maryhill
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
- Waxing Lyrical: The Power of the Printed Cloth in Africa
- Samhain: fire and jam session Halloween, North Kelvin Meadow
- Paisley Halloween Festival 2019
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Glasgow Wood Recycling, October Sale
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- Soft Play Area and Clip and Climb Kelvin Hall