Music Broth Grow With Music Youth Project
Enrolment Session, 24 March, 2019 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Music Broth – Scotland’s 1st Musical Instrument & Equipment Library has secured funding from the GCDT Youth Activity Grant to deliver an 8 week music programme for up to 30 young people aged 12 – 17 years. The programme will offer different music activities (i.e. guitar, ukulele, music production and recording, violin, keyboard/piano, singing and song appreciation, rapping, introduction to modular synthesis, percussion) and be available on an opt in basis. Music Broth will be working with lots of talented tutors and music organisations to make the experience as worthwhile as possible.
Young people will also be given the opportunity to gain a Dynamic Youth Award through their engagement with the programme. A showcase event will be organised to bring the young people, volunteers, families and tutors together to celebrate, and we will encourage attendees to do short performances alongside some local music talent to gain inspiration as well as present the young people with their Dynamic Youth Award. Alongside this project there will also be some drop-in sessions – TBC
To start the programme you are invited to enrol in the project on Sunday 24th March between 1pm – 4pm at Music Broth HQ. When there will be a celebration of Music For All’s Learn to Play Day with some free music taster lessons on offer.
Spread the word and make young people aware of this amazing opportunity!
Music Broth, Unit 7, Victoria Court Workspaces, 8 Hollybrook Street, Govanhill, G42 7HB
This section: Classes and Workshops, Community event, Courses, Kids and young people
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- Soft Play Area and Clip and Climb Kelvin Hall
- Mòd 2019: Gaelic Conversation Café Public CCA
- Black History Month Street Level Photography Temporary Hoarding Magazine and Anti-Racist Graphics
- CINE[STHESIA]: Filmichean Gàidhlig/ Gaelic Films Ghlaschu Mod 2019
- Planting Day at North Kelvin Meadow – Come Along and Volunteer
- Torchlight Parade St Andrew’s Day, WEF
- Take 2: Charming
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA
- St Bride’s Knit and Natter Group, Hyndland.
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Stone Carving Workshop Glasgow
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- East End Free Festival
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Bowled Over, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club