Hannah Aldridge and the Goat Roper Band
Friday 26 April 2019, Nice n Sleazy
£13 plus booking fee TicketScotland
With special guests, The Goat Roper Rodeo Band
Sassy, sexy and soulful, and on the way up.
Born in Muscle Shoals, the daughter of Alabama/Nashville Hall of Fame writer Walt Aldridge, Hannah is a chip off the old block in terms of talent but is very much her own woman, as a recording artist and electrifying live performer. In her songs, she’s facing down demons of a life once lived, from substance abuse to failed relationships and scars from the lashes of the bible belt. Dark, maybe, but irresistibly engaging.
Hannah is steadily making a name for herself, through extensive touring in UK (including a sold out show at Southern Fried festival) and Europe, as well as in USA. Her second album Gold Rush was released in 2017 to a slew of enthusiastic rave 5 star reviews.
For her return to the Tolbooth to promote her new live CD, she’s delighted to be joined by The Goat Roper Rodeo Band. With just an upright bass, two old guitars and a bucketful of aching harmony, The Goat Roper Rodeo Band are preaching ‘Country Blues’ like you never heard… It’s up, it’s down, it’s soft and loud, it’s dark and lonesome too. There’s a hint of Gram, a sniff of Dylan and a twist of Waylon’s blues.
Could fill a room with her own electricity… Daily Record
A veritable star in the making… a future Queen of Southern Gothic… Americana UK
Nice n Sleazy, 421 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3LG
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA
- West Princes plus King Wine at the Hug and Pint, Glasgow
- The Great Western Festival of Musical Exploration and Discovery
- East End Free Festival Glasgow
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios