Accents, Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
16 March, 2019
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3NY
A new work of film/music by Glasgow’s UNESCO City of Music artist-in-residence Richy Carey.
A live performance event at the Glasgow Royal Concert Halls, Accents brings together communities to sing a live soundtrack to a film exploring the sounds of identity and place. Using the film itself as the score, Accents is about the everyday music in our voices, asking questions around how we listen and speak with each other, the sound between our individual and collective identities.
At 11:00, prior to the performance, we invite anyone to join in with members of the city’s community choirs as composer Richy Carey leads a workshop exploring ways of improvising sounds for film with our voices. Thinking about how we relate to the places we live and to each other, learn how to sing his new film/scores before taking part in the premiere at 13:00. Everyone is welcome, no need to be a singer, just a willingness to join in!
Accents is a free, ticketed event. Please reserve your space for either the performance or the workshop and performance at the Eventbrite link above. Audio description via induction loop and free headsets.
This section: Cinema, Classes and Workshops
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- Best of Africa in Motion Shorts – Shoeshine screening online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – Top Documentary Picks for Young People
- Tomorrow Is Always Too Long by Phil Collins (2014) watch online
- At Home With GFT
- Home – digital collaboration – first of three short films
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- The Social Isolation Film Festival curated by GFT
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, The August Virgin review Fionnuala Boyle
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Celebrates Record Audience Figures
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Women Make Film
- International Women’s Day Glasgow 2020 – Bike for Good