Ras Digby (Sir Jessus Soundsystem) The Rum Shack
Saturday, 6 April, 2019
The Rum Shack, 657 – 659 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2AB
Ras Digby, the Revival Champion, returns to the Rum Shack!
Bass Warrior are delighted to welcome Ras Digby back to Glasgow – if you missed him last time, don’t make the same mistake twice!
This will be a night of totally uplifting vibes with one of the worlds original and best sound system veterans. Total joy and dubplates you wont hear anywhere else!
As co founder of Sir Jessus Sound System, Ras Digby was instrumental in building one of West London’s leading sound systems known for their never ending supply of exclusive dubplates and top class selectors.
Sir Jessus forged strong links with Jamaican producers such as Blacka Morwell, Dudley Swaby, Channel One, and Bob Marley and the Wailers and set up their own Sir Jessus record label in 1974.
Ras Digby continues to tour extensively as a radio DJ and sound system selector promoting reggae music world wide “spreading the vibe and doing Jah work”.
£7.92 Tickets at EventBrite
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South