Moorcroft, The Tron
Runs until 5 March, 2022
A team. A team of wit? A team of players. A bunch of mates coming the gither to huv a kick aboot. Wits new?
Garry’s turned 50 but doesn’t feel like celebrating. Exhausted from years spent wrapped in regret, he begins to relive ‘the glory days’ trying to understand his mistakes, answer questions and right some wrongs in a bid to make peace with his past and find renewed purpose.
Inspired by true stories, Moorcroft follows a group of young lads in search of an escape from their working class lives. But can playing football save them from the challenges they face and make them the men they want to be?
With true friendship and the tenacity of working class people at its heart, Moorcroft tackles toxic masculinity in Scotland and asks ‘what is a real man?’ It’s a story that is ready for kick off.
Cast: Sean Connor, Martin Docherty, Kyle Gardiner, Ryan Hunter, Martin Quinn, Jatinder Singh Randhawa and Santino Smith.
Written & Directed by EILIDH LOAN
Set & Costume Design by CARYS HOBBS
Lighting Design by MICHAELLA FEE
Sound Design by GARY CAMERON
Costume Supervisor VICTORIA BROWN
Stage Manager ASTRID ROTHMEIER
Deputy Stage Manager CATHY COOK
Assistant Stage Manager REBECCA ROMANO BELL
Dramaturgical Support JOHNNY McKNIGHT
Tron Theatre, 63 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HB
- Love Lies Bleeding Opening Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Under One Roof – Taking Care of Your Tenement
- THE G at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Glasgow Literary and Music Lounge at The Scotia Bar
- The Burning Season (2023) review Pat Byrne
- Govan Music Festival – Glasgow Barons
- Textile Repair, Sashiko with Keng Keng Watt
- Full Programme Announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Take 2: Turning Red
- The Settlers
- Hamlet + Ian McKellen Recorded Q&A
- El Castillo + Q&A
- Second Hand and Vintage Sale Britannia Panopticon
- Cesária Évora + Q&A
- Perfect Days
- CineMasters: Terrence Malick
- Black Dog
- Billy Connolly Big Banana Feet
- Blue Sunshine