Mindfulness Mental Health Awareness Week, 17 May, Project Cafe
Mental Health Awareness Week
Sunday 17 May, 2015 – 6 p.m.
The Project Cafe
This year, for Mental Health Awareness week, the Mental Health Foundation has chosen Mindfulness as their theme. This concept, of paying attention to the present moment, has become increasingly popular in the West in recent years. In this introductory seminar, we hope to explore some of the background to this movement, and consider where it might lead. Michael Bready, Director of Youth Mindfulness, will also provide a short introduction to Mindfulness including a taster practice session.
Please note: This is not a Mindfulness training course; however we will signpost to relevant resources.
Tea and coffee will be available for purchase from the Project Cafe.
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Letters of Hope, Milk Cafe, Refugee Festival
- The Voyage Out: The Travel Writing Workshop with Linda Jackson
- Glasgow Pride Mardi Gla – U of G Group
- Young Planters Pop up Plant Sale
- Artist Aid Ukraine – The Pentagon, Glasgow
- The Words – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Stories of Our Worlds – Refugee Festival 2022
- Our Past and Present Beautiful Lives: part of Refugee Week
- Eusebi Afternoon Tea – Charity Fundraiser
- Make Music Day 2022
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Festival – Spit it Out
- Ando Glaso – Roma Cultural Festival
- Wilton Street Fete