Mindfulness Mental Health Awareness Week, 17 May, Project Cafe
Mental Health Awareness Week
Sunday 17 May, 2015 – 6 p.m.
The Project Cafe
This year, for Mental Health Awareness week, the Mental Health Foundation has chosen Mindfulness as their theme. This concept, of paying attention to the present moment, has become increasingly popular in the West in recent years. In this introductory seminar, we hope to explore some of the background to this movement, and consider where it might lead. Michael Bready, Director of Youth Mindfulness, will also provide a short introduction to Mindfulness including a taster practice session.
Please note: This is not a Mindfulness training course; however we will signpost to relevant resources.
Tea and coffee will be available for purchase from the Project Cafe.
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Mòd 2019 CCA
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Mòd 2019: Gaelic Conversation Café Public CCA
- Black History Month Street Level Photography Temporary Hoarding Magazine and Anti-Racist Graphics