Mindfulness Mental Health Awareness Week, 17 May, Project Cafe
Mental Health Awareness Week
Sunday 17 May, 2015 – 6 p.m.
The Project Cafe
This year, for Mental Health Awareness week, the Mental Health Foundation has chosen Mindfulness as their theme. This concept, of paying attention to the present moment, has become increasingly popular in the West in recent years. In this introductory seminar, we hope to explore some of the background to this movement, and consider where it might lead. Michael Bready, Director of Youth Mindfulness, will also provide a short introduction to Mindfulness including a taster practice session.
Please note: This is not a Mindfulness training course; however we will signpost to relevant resources.
Tea and coffee will be available for purchase from the Project Cafe.
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham