Mary Irvine’s Blog: Anne and Mary’s Local Tales Review
‘Anne and Mary’s Local Tales’ Book 2 is now available at the Hub, Dumbarton or post free via the email below. Book 2 takes us a wee bit further afield with Burns’ visit to West Dunbartonshire, the contribution of Tobias Smollett of Renton and the Church of St Mahew in Cardross, as well as recognising Dumbarton’s very own VC.
Despite failing to attract any official funding Anne and Mary are very grateful to our sponsors who rallied to support us. People in the local area as well as people outside of Scotland. They are pleased to announce that the sales from Book 1 have funded the production of the second and they have also been able to send off their first cheque for £100 to the Beatson Cancer Charity.
Copies of the book have been sent to countries in Europe as well as the USA. Presentations of the work and research behind the books are being given outwith Dumbarton. They are doing their bit to get Dumbarton on the map!
Book 3 is already in preparation and will be available mid-September. It will concentrate on local hauntings, witchcraft and the unexplained. Anne and Mary will be appearing at various events throughout October. Full details later. In the meantime if anyone has a ‘strange’ or ‘unexplained’ experience they’d love to hear about it. Your stories can be given to Anne in the Hub, Dumbarton or sent to Mary via email
Buy the Bks 1 and 2 for £8 or if you already have the first one it’s only £4. Book 1 on its own is still £5 – we trust to your honesty. Books are also available at the Hub, Dumbarton and at Fruin Farm or by post. P/P is free. Contact me via the above email for details..
This section: Mary Irvine: Writer and Philhellene
Filed under: Mary Irvine: Writer and Philhellene
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Paul Murdoch, Alexandria Writers + Open Mic
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Bruce Biddolph Outstanding as ‘The Inquisitor’
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- An Evening with Multi Award winning author Robin Lloyd-Jones
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Ashurbanipal
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Glasgow Writer: Mary Irvine
- Aye Write 2019! Sara Sheridan introduces Anne Griffin and Anstey Harris
- Aye Write 2019, Tom Shields review by Mary Irvine
- Aye Write: Kamal Ahmed: The Life and Times of a Very British Man review Mary Irvine
- Aye Write 2019: ‘It’s Not About the Burqa’ Mariam Khan, Amna Saleem’ review Mary Irvine
- Neil Oliver at Aye Write 2019 review by Mary Irvine
- Charlie Gracie, Meet the Author, Fruin Farm review by Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Catriona Malan ‘Meet the Author’ at Fruin Farm