Making Her Mark Launch Event
10 December, 2019. 12.30 p.m. – 2.30 p.m.
Kairos Womens’ Space, POP Space, Piazza Shopping Centre, 15 Central Rd, Paisley PA1 1EL
Where are the unsung heroines of Renfrewshire and how are they celebrated or remembered? How are women’s lives reflected in Renfrewshire’s towns and villages? Come along, enjoy some tea and cake and find out more about this exciting new project.
Glasgow Women’s Library, Kairos Women’s Space and RAMH (Recovery Across Mental Health) are joining forces to launch a creative project celebrating women in Renfrewshire. We’ll be working with local women to look at how women are represented and remembered in the area. The project will draw on the memories, stories and creative skills of local women and will run until September 2020, when an exhibition and celebration event is planned. The project will also link with women in Furth in Germany, twin town with Paisley.
At this launch event there will be talks about local women, the chance to see some fascinating artefacts from women’s history from the GWL archive, badge-making fun for all the family, a chance to meet people, sign up to the project and (did we mention this already?) tea and cake!
This project is supported with funding from Renfrewshire Council’s Culture, Heritage and Events Fund.
Drop In Event
This event is women only* and is open to all women resident in Renfrewshire. It is free to attend and is a drop-in event.
*All women-only events are inclusive of Trans and Intersex women, as well as non-binary and gender fluid people.
At the POP Space, Piazza Shopping Centre, Paisley. 2-minutes from Paisley Gilmour Station. Known as ‘the old post office’
// ACCESSIBILITY: Wheelchair accessible with accessible bathroom access in the Piazza Shopping Centre. All bathrooms for this group are located within the Shopping Centre.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Community event
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Light Up Maryhill
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations