Making Her Mark Launch Event
10 December, 2019. 12.30 p.m. – 2.30 p.m.
Kairos Womens’ Space, POP Space, Piazza Shopping Centre, 15 Central Rd, Paisley PA1 1EL
Where are the unsung heroines of Renfrewshire and how are they celebrated or remembered? How are women’s lives reflected in Renfrewshire’s towns and villages? Come along, enjoy some tea and cake and find out more about this exciting new project.
Glasgow Women’s Library, Kairos Women’s Space and RAMH (Recovery Across Mental Health) are joining forces to launch a creative project celebrating women in Renfrewshire. We’ll be working with local women to look at how women are represented and remembered in the area. The project will draw on the memories, stories and creative skills of local women and will run until September 2020, when an exhibition and celebration event is planned. The project will also link with women in Furth in Germany, twin town with Paisley.
At this launch event there will be talks about local women, the chance to see some fascinating artefacts from women’s history from the GWL archive, badge-making fun for all the family, a chance to meet people, sign up to the project and (did we mention this already?) tea and cake!
This project is supported with funding from Renfrewshire Council’s Culture, Heritage and Events Fund.
Drop In Event
This event is women only* and is open to all women resident in Renfrewshire. It is free to attend and is a drop-in event.
*All women-only events are inclusive of Trans and Intersex women, as well as non-binary and gender fluid people.
At the POP Space, Piazza Shopping Centre, Paisley. 2-minutes from Paisley Gilmour Station. Known as ‘the old post office’
// ACCESSIBILITY: Wheelchair accessible with accessible bathroom access in the Piazza Shopping Centre. All bathrooms for this group are located within the Shopping Centre.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Community event
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Black Lives Matter – Anti-Racism Community Reflection on Zoom
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival