Making Her Mark Launch Event
10 December, 2019. 12.30 p.m. – 2.30 p.m.
Kairos Womens’ Space, POP Space, Piazza Shopping Centre, 15 Central Rd, Paisley PA1 1EL
Where are the unsung heroines of Renfrewshire and how are they celebrated or remembered? How are women’s lives reflected in Renfrewshire’s towns and villages? Come along, enjoy some tea and cake and find out more about this exciting new project.
Glasgow Women’s Library, Kairos Women’s Space and RAMH (Recovery Across Mental Health) are joining forces to launch a creative project celebrating women in Renfrewshire. We’ll be working with local women to look at how women are represented and remembered in the area. The project will draw on the memories, stories and creative skills of local women and will run until September 2020, when an exhibition and celebration event is planned. The project will also link with women in Furth in Germany, twin town with Paisley.
At this launch event there will be talks about local women, the chance to see some fascinating artefacts from women’s history from the GWL archive, badge-making fun for all the family, a chance to meet people, sign up to the project and (did we mention this already?) tea and cake!
This project is supported with funding from Renfrewshire Council’s Culture, Heritage and Events Fund.
Drop In Event
This event is women only* and is open to all women resident in Renfrewshire. It is free to attend and is a drop-in event.
*All women-only events are inclusive of Trans and Intersex women, as well as non-binary and gender fluid people.
At the POP Space, Piazza Shopping Centre, Paisley. 2-minutes from Paisley Gilmour Station. Known as ‘the old post office’
// ACCESSIBILITY: Wheelchair accessible with accessible bathroom access in the Piazza Shopping Centre. All bathrooms for this group are located within the Shopping Centre.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Community event
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville
- Creative Conversations: Nicholson Baker
- Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Kayus Bankole & Kei Miller: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- Glasgow Women’s Library Bold Types Writing Competition
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Edinburgh Book Festival: Richard Holloway
- Govanhill Baths Archive Showcase
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Hannah Lavery, Govanhill Book Festival