Making Her Mark Launch Event
10 December, 2019. 12.30 p.m. – 2.30 p.m.
Kairos Womens’ Space, POP Space, Piazza Shopping Centre, 15 Central Rd, Paisley PA1 1EL
Where are the unsung heroines of Renfrewshire and how are they celebrated or remembered? How are women’s lives reflected in Renfrewshire’s towns and villages? Come along, enjoy some tea and cake and find out more about this exciting new project.
Glasgow Women’s Library, Kairos Women’s Space and RAMH (Recovery Across Mental Health) are joining forces to launch a creative project celebrating women in Renfrewshire. We’ll be working with local women to look at how women are represented and remembered in the area. The project will draw on the memories, stories and creative skills of local women and will run until September 2020, when an exhibition and celebration event is planned. The project will also link with women in Furth in Germany, twin town with Paisley.
At this launch event there will be talks about local women, the chance to see some fascinating artefacts from women’s history from the GWL archive, badge-making fun for all the family, a chance to meet people, sign up to the project and (did we mention this already?) tea and cake!
This project is supported with funding from Renfrewshire Council’s Culture, Heritage and Events Fund.
Drop In Event
This event is women only* and is open to all women resident in Renfrewshire. It is free to attend and is a drop-in event.
*All women-only events are inclusive of Trans and Intersex women, as well as non-binary and gender fluid people.
At the POP Space, Piazza Shopping Centre, Paisley. 2-minutes from Paisley Gilmour Station. Known as ‘the old post office’
// ACCESSIBILITY: Wheelchair accessible with accessible bathroom access in the Piazza Shopping Centre. All bathrooms for this group are located within the Shopping Centre.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Community event
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: A Year to Remember – or forget..
- Book Launch: Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson
- Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020