Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
Saturday 28th April until 3rd June, 2018
Open to the public plus free guided tours of Glasgow’s first swimming club (1871).
A Bigger Splash
The Arlington Baths Club is delighted to host the latest outing for the Lost Glasgow collection of photographs celebrating the city’s history. The expanded selection of images includes period pictures of the baths and the surrounding area.
Lost Glasgow is a Facebook phenomenon with over 145,000 followers worldwide devoted to the documentation, discussion and appreciation of Glasgow’s changing architecture and its community throughout the last few centuries.
The exhibition covers everything from the majestic to the mundane, from the city’s great buildings to its more humble corners, from the tenement to the townhouse, from the great and the good, to the ‘common old workin’ man and woman.
‘The bottom line is, we love Glasgow, and the tales of our city. And everybody in Glasgow loves to hear a good story.’
The Arlington Baths Club, 61 Arlington St, Glasgow G3 6DT
- Candlelight Spoken Word Open Mic
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Wakeful Screening at CCA
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Celtic Connections 2020 Hannah Read and Andy Monaghan review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass