Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
Saturday 28th April until 3rd June, 2018
Open to the public plus free guided tours of Glasgow’s first swimming club (1871).
A Bigger Splash
The Arlington Baths Club is delighted to host the latest outing for the Lost Glasgow collection of photographs celebrating the city’s history. The expanded selection of images includes period pictures of the baths and the surrounding area.
Lost Glasgow is a Facebook phenomenon with over 145,000 followers worldwide devoted to the documentation, discussion and appreciation of Glasgow’s changing architecture and its community throughout the last few centuries.
The exhibition covers everything from the majestic to the mundane, from the city’s great buildings to its more humble corners, from the tenement to the townhouse, from the great and the good, to the ‘common old workin’ man and woman.
‘The bottom line is, we love Glasgow, and the tales of our city. And everybody in Glasgow loves to hear a good story.’
The Arlington Baths Club, 61 Arlington St, Glasgow G3 6DT
- The Coming Back Out Ball – National Theatre of Scotland
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Mandabi, GFT
- Ammonite, GFT
- Earwig and the Witch at GFT
- First Cow, GFT
- The Father at GFT
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021