Live at the Star Club Glasgow, June/July 2015
All gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm.
Chuck Fleming & Benny Graham
30th June, 2015, £9
Two of the North East of England’s finest. The combination of Chuck Fleming’s terrific fiddle playing and Benny’s wonderful voice make for a really great night. And ,of course,there’s the crack!
7th July, 2015, £10
With bags of charm, talent, and an abiding enthusiasm for traditional song, The Young’uns are making a big impact on the UK folk scene. The lads, Sean Cooney, David Eagle and Michael Hughes hail from Teesside, and bring freshness and dynamism to their arrangements of close harmony songs, both with and without accompaniment. Everything from traditional sea and working songs to more recent compositions is present in their repertoire, and is delivered with originality and flair.
Chris Sherburn & Findlay Napier
14th July, 2015, £9
A new unholy alliance! Chris Sherburn is one of the best anglo-concertina players in the UK. Well known for his longstanding musical partnership with Denny Bartley as Last Night’s Fun. Chris has now embarked on a new alliance with Findlay Napier. Findlay is a Scottish singer, guitarist and songwriter based in Glasgow and his folk band Back of the Moon has performed all over the world.
Arthur Johnstone & The Stars Band
21st July, 2015, £9
Arthur Johnstone has established himself as the defining voice of songs of protest and struggle; though they are always delivered with large doses of both humour and humanity. Arthur is more than ably supported by the Stars Band: Brian Miller – guitar, mandolin, vocals; Charlie Sloane – fiddle, mandolin; Gavin Livingstone – piano, guitars, banjo.
28th July, 2015, £8
Rallion are a three piece contemporary folk group, hailing from Glasgow and Perthshire. They bring a wide range of musical influences together to create their powerful persuasive music. Their unique sound is based around the fiddle powerhouse of Fiona Cuthill, the distinctive voice of Marieke McBean and the virtuoso guitar and bouzouki playing of Stevie Lawrence.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events, Star Folk Club
- Vinicombe Street Party 2022
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Kittlin at Kelvinside Hillhead Church
- The Dughoose Ska Band, McChuills
- Ariane Mamon at Tchai-Ovna Teahouse
- Colonel Mustard’s Spring Bonanza at St Luke’s
- 20 Years of Oxfam Music
- Olivia and Mic at The Lismore Bar
- Boo Hewerdine and Support, Cottiers
- Jill Jackson at Cottiers
- Dave Arcari and special guest Duncan McCrone
- Southside Soul Bowl
- Lizzie Reid at The Glad Cafe
- Carlton Jug Band at The Clutha
- BMX Bandits Album and Craft Beer Launch
- Sonica Glasgow 2022 – Art for the Visually Minded
- Rura at Celtic Connections 2022