Live at the Star Club Glasgow, June/July 2015
All gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm.
Chuck Fleming & Benny Graham
30th June, 2015, £9
Two of the North East of England’s finest. The combination of Chuck Fleming’s terrific fiddle playing and Benny’s wonderful voice make for a really great night. And ,of course,there’s the crack!
7th July, 2015, £10
With bags of charm, talent, and an abiding enthusiasm for traditional song, The Young’uns are making a big impact on the UK folk scene. The lads, Sean Cooney, David Eagle and Michael Hughes hail from Teesside, and bring freshness and dynamism to their arrangements of close harmony songs, both with and without accompaniment. Everything from traditional sea and working songs to more recent compositions is present in their repertoire, and is delivered with originality and flair.
Chris Sherburn & Findlay Napier
14th July, 2015, £9
A new unholy alliance! Chris Sherburn is one of the best anglo-concertina players in the UK. Well known for his longstanding musical partnership with Denny Bartley as Last Night’s Fun. Chris has now embarked on a new alliance with Findlay Napier. Findlay is a Scottish singer, guitarist and songwriter based in Glasgow and his folk band Back of the Moon has performed all over the world.
Arthur Johnstone & The Stars Band
21st July, 2015, £9
Arthur Johnstone has established himself as the defining voice of songs of protest and struggle; though they are always delivered with large doses of both humour and humanity. Arthur is more than ably supported by the Stars Band: Brian Miller – guitar, mandolin, vocals; Charlie Sloane – fiddle, mandolin; Gavin Livingstone – piano, guitars, banjo.
28th July, 2015, £8
Rallion are a three piece contemporary folk group, hailing from Glasgow and Perthshire. They bring a wide range of musical influences together to create their powerful persuasive music. Their unique sound is based around the fiddle powerhouse of Fiona Cuthill, the distinctive voice of Marieke McBean and the virtuoso guitar and bouzouki playing of Stevie Lawrence.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events, Star Folk Club
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- Lockdown Sessions Love Glasgow Hate Racism
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Sofa Fest – digital entertainment
- Dave Arcari Live Concert Live Stream
- For the Love of Scotland fundraiser for Masks for Scotland
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Howlin’ Radio at Finsbay Glasgow West End
- Seven Song Club The Tron Duncan McCrone
- Pete Case and Sid Griffin, Nice n Sleazy
- Country Funk Fridays – Reopening Tennent’s Bar Basement
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith