Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
Hebridean Colourist Paintings
Saturday 2 June until Sunday 10 June, 2018
Veneer, 1184 Argyle Street, G3 8TE
The light is always changing in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland making the dramatic scenery forever changeable in colour, tone and intensity.
Vic Rodrick’s work tries to embrace the subtle nature of these changes on the white, shell-sand beaches, clear turquoise waters and magnificent mountains of the West Coast.
Landscapes and seascapes evolve under the light of the sun or the moon bringing new perspectives for the viewer to appreciate.
The artist works from a top-floor studio at The Hive at 1069 Argyle St, G3 8LZ in the vibrant Finnieston neighbourhood.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Spanish Civil War Collections The Mitchell Library
- Sarah Kudirka Open Studio The Hidden Lane
- ‘Creatures as Natural Hunters’ Damian Henry Glasgow Print Studio
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Glasgow School of Art Graduate Degree Show 2019
- Trees v Capitalism by Maggie Kelly at Woodland Community Workspace
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Young Talent, ProjectAbility
- Living in the Magic Garden, Cafe Gandolfi, Merchant City Glasgow
- Freed Spirit : The Paintings of Maria Spadoni (1928 – 2014) RGI
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow