Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
19 September, 2021
1 p.m. until 5 p.m. – Starts at McLennan Arch, Glasgow Green, Saltmarket, Glasgow G1 5J
Glasgow’s first ever Fancy Women Bike Ride! – World Car Free Day
‘Every year on World Car Free Day, Women in different cities around the world dress up and cycle together.
This is a celebration where women reclaim the streets to enjoy the freedom of cycling. It is a short, slow social ride. Anyone is welcome to support the ride but Women and children will be encouraged to be at the front!
Cycling is a powerful way for women to become visible in society.
Fancy Women Bike Ride is an event for women, organised by women to remember the liberating joy of cycling and to inspire more women to use bicycles in the cities. There is no need to wear special cycling clothes, and race through the streets! We will cycle slowly, chat and smile! The more women cycle, the more women will be encouraged to cycle.
Filed under: Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, Sport, Walks, Cycling in Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Janine Jansen: Falling for Stradivari, GFT
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow