Letters of Hope, Milk Cafe, Refugee Festival
Letters of Hope
Friday, 24 June, 2022 – until 5 p.m.
By Milk Cafe
MILK Café, 452 Victoria Rd, Glasgow, G42 8YU
Part of Refugee Festival Scotland
Letters of Hope is a free open-air exhibition around Glasgow’s much loved Queen’s Park. A series of letters and postcards written at Peer Support Group will be used to make a walking trail that you can follow.
The trail will start at MILK Café on Victoria Road and lead people on a journey of hope around Queens Park. It is hoped that this exhibition can help people to understand the strength and power of community.
Letters will be anonymous and will be to people, places or acts of kindness that have helped and supported people in our new communities.
About MILK Café:
“Founded in 2015, MILK is a social enterprise set up to empower and support refugee and migrant women living in Glasgow. We run a small café on the Southside of the city where we aim to provide a safe and welcoming environment that promotes integration within the community. Our café is a multifunctional space in which people can enjoy high-quality affordable food, while simultaneously hosting a number of other supportive and inclusive activities.”
- Under One Roof – Taking Care of Your Tenement
- Glasgow Literary and Music Lounge at The Scotia Bar
- The Burning Season (2023) review Pat Byrne
- Govan Music Festival – Glasgow Barons
- Textile Repair, Sashiko with Keng Keng Watt
- Full Programme Announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Second Hand and Vintage Sale Britannia Panopticon
- Perfect Days
- Blue Sunshine
- Eden Communities: Walk, Run, Cycle N. Ireland and East Dunbartonshire Networking Event
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- WestFest 2024 – Glasgow West End
- FrightFest at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Cinemarc: Women’s Work
- Fundraiser for Medicin Sans Frontieres
- Music Broth at The Mitchell Library
- Greenpeace Fundraiser Gig – Maz & The Phantasms, Motopia, Atlas Works, Louis Rive
- Lunar New Year Celebration at Woodlands Community
- Mika & Me Optical Studios Glasgow
- Secession Open Day Private Parties and Weddings