Languages Short Courses Open Evening, University of Glasgow
4 September, 2019 – 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
University of Glasgow, St Andrews Building, 11 Eldon Street, G3 6NH
Would you like to speak another language but not sure if you can? Or perhaps, you want to sign up for a language course but not sure which is the right level?
Come along to open evening to find out what’s involved in learning a language on one of Glasgow University’s short courses and meet the wonderful people teaching them. Tutors will be able to discuss your needs and find the right level of course to join.
There are 16 languages available for study in 2019-20. Everyone can learn a language at any age and classes are sociable. In learning and practising how to speak a language, you have to speak to other people, so it is common to talk to other students, in pairs, constantly changing partners so that you quickly get to know everyone in the class, learn in a safe environment, and not forced to speak out in front of a whole class.
Quickly learn vocabulary and phrases for quick communication but also learn the structure of the languag. Engage in serious learning but also have fun.
- Val McDermid – Portrait of a Criminal
- Get Adventurous with Lily Dyu & Helen Skelton
- Stuart Cosgrove ‘The Soul of Muhammad Ali’
- Edinburgh Book Festival The New York Times Book Review Live
- Edinburgh Book Festival Books for Sale
- Edinburgh Book Festival Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler and Nick Sharratt
- James Robertson – Live Author Event
- Creative Writing with Marjorie Lofti Gill
- Celebrating Diversity Festival
- Online launch of new CPO themed short film ‘Something To Lose’
- Scottish Writers Showcase 3 – Creative Conversations
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Lockdown Video – Mic Clark
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Calypso Windrush Caribbean Film Festival
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase