Languages Short Courses Open Evening, University of Glasgow
4 September, 2019 – 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
University of Glasgow, St Andrews Building, 11 Eldon Street, G3 6NH
Would you like to speak another language but not sure if you can? Or perhaps, you want to sign up for a language course but not sure which is the right level?
Come along to open evening to find out what’s involved in learning a language on one of Glasgow University’s short courses and meet the wonderful people teaching them. Tutors will be able to discuss your needs and find the right level of course to join.
There are 16 languages available for study in 2019-20. Everyone can learn a language at any age and classes are sociable. In learning and practising how to speak a language, you have to speak to other people, so it is common to talk to other students, in pairs, constantly changing partners so that you quickly get to know everyone in the class, learn in a safe environment, and not forced to speak out in front of a whole class.
Quickly learn vocabulary and phrases for quick communication but also learn the structure of the languag. Engage in serious learning but also have fun.
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT
- Never Gonna Snow Again, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The French Dispatch, GFT
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Opening Time – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cats Protection Jade Carrera Art Event
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month