Languages Short Courses Open Evening, University of Glasgow
4 September, 2019 – 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
University of Glasgow, St Andrews Building, 11 Eldon Street, G3 6NH
Would you like to speak another language but not sure if you can? Or perhaps, you want to sign up for a language course but not sure which is the right level?
Come along to open evening to find out what’s involved in learning a language on one of Glasgow University’s short courses and meet the wonderful people teaching them. Tutors will be able to discuss your needs and find the right level of course to join.
There are 16 languages available for study in 2019-20. Everyone can learn a language at any age and classes are sociable. In learning and practising how to speak a language, you have to speak to other people, so it is common to talk to other students, in pairs, constantly changing partners so that you quickly get to know everyone in the class, learn in a safe environment, and not forced to speak out in front of a whole class.
Quickly learn vocabulary and phrases for quick communication but also learn the structure of the languag. Engage in serious learning but also have fun.
- Lapidus Creative Writing with Lesley O’Brien
- Aye Write: Jenni Fagan with Claire Mitchell QC and Zoe Venditozzi Witches of Scotland Podcast
- Book Launch: The Pharmacist by Rachelle Atalla
- Hairspray, Beatson Gin and Sing
- Glasgow South Side Wellbeing Fair
- Vinicombe Street Party 2022
- Modren Makars Launch Event
- Active Travel for Whiteinch & Scotstoun
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell and Nataliya Deleva
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre