Languages Short Courses Open Evening, University of Glasgow
4 September, 2019 – 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
University of Glasgow, St Andrews Building, 11 Eldon Street, G3 6NH
Would you like to speak another language but not sure if you can? Or perhaps, you want to sign up for a language course but not sure which is the right level?
Come along to open evening to find out what’s involved in learning a language on one of Glasgow University’s short courses and meet the wonderful people teaching them. Tutors will be able to discuss your needs and find the right level of course to join.
There are 16 languages available for study in 2019-20. Everyone can learn a language at any age and classes are sociable. In learning and practising how to speak a language, you have to speak to other people, so it is common to talk to other students, in pairs, constantly changing partners so that you quickly get to know everyone in the class, learn in a safe environment, and not forced to speak out in front of a whole class.
Quickly learn vocabulary and phrases for quick communication but also learn the structure of the languag. Engage in serious learning but also have fun.
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019