Kerry Conquers Among Other Women – Mandy McIntosh Exhibition Glasgow Womens Library
25 November, 2015 – 1 December, 2015
This Mandy McIntosh exhibition is based on the artist’s one year residency between Glasgow Women’s Library and Castlemilk Community. The residency focussed on action to spotlight violence against women, specifically referencing the Zero Tolerance campaign by Franki Raffles in 1994. The campaign archives are held by Glasgow Women’s Library.
Mandy’s work has included a range of public art devices, signage, the renaming and occupation of The Suspension and Victoria bridges, as The Women’s Bridges and direct contact with services for women. The Women’s bridges flanked The Sheriff Court and demanded justice for all women facing male violence and abuse. This installation started for International 16 Days of Action and ended after International Women’s day in December 2014.
Visit the library between 25th November and 1st December to see the Kerry Conquers Among Other Women exhibition.
The event is free – just drop in. If you would like to celebrate the launch of this exhibition this will take place on Tuesday 24th November from 6.30 to 7.30pm.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Spanish Civil War Collections The Mitchell Library
- Sarah Kudirka Open Studio The Hidden Lane
- ‘Creatures as Natural Hunters’ Damian Henry Glasgow Print Studio
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Glasgow School of Art Graduate Degree Show 2019
- Trees v Capitalism by Maggie Kelly at Woodland Community Workspace
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Young Talent, ProjectAbility
- Living in the Magic Garden, Cafe Gandolfi, Merchant City Glasgow
- Freed Spirit : The Paintings of Maria Spadoni (1928 – 2014) RGI
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow