Kerry Conquers Among Other Women – Mandy McIntosh Exhibition Glasgow Womens Library
25 November, 2015 – 1 December, 2015
This Mandy McIntosh exhibition is based on the artist’s one year residency between Glasgow Women’s Library and Castlemilk Community. The residency focussed on action to spotlight violence against women, specifically referencing the Zero Tolerance campaign by Franki Raffles in 1994. The campaign archives are held by Glasgow Women’s Library.
Mandy’s work has included a range of public art devices, signage, the renaming and occupation of The Suspension and Victoria bridges, as The Women’s Bridges and direct contact with services for women. The Women’s bridges flanked The Sheriff Court and demanded justice for all women facing male violence and abuse. This installation started for International 16 Days of Action and ended after International Women’s day in December 2014.
Visit the library between 25th November and 1st December to see the Kerry Conquers Among Other Women exhibition.
The event is free – just drop in. If you would like to celebrate the launch of this exhibition this will take place on Tuesday 24th November from 6.30 to 7.30pm.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Stage and Screen Exhibition at The Hunterian
- A Stone, A Spark and A Shard of Glass Exhibition
- The Lush Exhibition – Project-Ability
- Colour Stories of the Glasgow Style, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- ‘Revolutionary Colour: A Tour of British Art’, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Glasgow Doors Open Days – It Was The Loom That Broke My Heart
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Art Show, Ardardan Garden Centre
- Wednesday Wanders at The Whisky Bond
- GI Oils Exhibition – From East to West
- Sogo Arts – Art by Tommy
- Drawing Together Project – Refugee Festival Scotland
- Banksy at GOMA – Cut and Run
- Paintings on Railings at West Fest
- Robert Burns Photography Exhibition – A Window On Ukraine
- REVEAL – previously Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair
- Mary Quant Fashion Revolutionary at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- A Rare Glimpse of Shakespeare’s First Folio at The Hunterian Art Gallery