Jim Dick: Life is Dutiful! The Arches Thursday 13 Nov – Wednesday 3 Dec 2014
Jim Dick: Life is Dutiful!
Thursday 13 Nov – Wednesday 3 Dec 2014
Launch event 13 November, 7 – 9 p.m.
“Every time people perform an activity they have not themselves defined and do not themselves control, every time they pay for goods they produce with money they received in exchange for their alienated activity, every time they passively admire the products of their own activity as alien objects procured by money, they give new life to Capital and annihilate their own lives…”
Fredy Perlman, The Reproduction of Daily Life
This exhibition presents a series of drawings prompted by the pantomime characters we often find ourselves forced to adopt in the reproduction of the social and economic relations of Capitalism.
In July 2008, The Arches hosted the GSofA graduate’s Fornixxation exhibition; a series of compelling paintings on the theme of subconscious memories, desires and symbolic associations. See the artwork here.
Please join us for the exhibition launch in The Arches foyer on Thursday 13th November, 7-9pm, for drinks and a DJ set from Afrodeesia.
253 Argyle St, Glasgow G2 8DL
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Spanish Civil War Collections The Mitchell Library
- Sarah Kudirka Open Studio The Hidden Lane
- ‘Creatures as Natural Hunters’ Damian Henry Glasgow Print Studio
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Glasgow School of Art Graduate Degree Show 2019
- Trees v Capitalism by Maggie Kelly at Woodland Community Workspace
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Young Talent, ProjectAbility
- Living in the Magic Garden, Cafe Gandolfi, Merchant City Glasgow
- Freed Spirit : The Paintings of Maria Spadoni (1928 – 2014) RGI
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow