Independent Living Scotland & Ability Fest, SEC Glasgow, 4 & 5 October 2017
10am – 4pm
SEC, Exhibition Way, Glasgow Metropolitan Area G3 8YW
Scotland’s largest disability lifestyle and independent living event returns to Glasgow, promising to be bigger and better, with a new and improved show format and more than 100 exhibitors.
Sally Magnusson, BBC Scotland journalist, author and founder of Playlist for Life, a charity which aims to bring music back into the lives of those living with dementia, will be at the SEC to officially open the event.
Now in its third year, the free event will showcase the most innovative and inspirational products to aid independent living, from homecare to rehabilitation and mobility, providing visitors with the opportunity to meet key retailers, manufacturers and organisations who will offer the very best advice, choice and solutions.
Visitors will have the opportunity to experience the Mobile Virtual Dementia Tour and, new for 2017, the Autism Reality Experience, providing virtual reality experiences that will allow individuals to put themselves in the shoes of those living with these conditions and understand how it affects their day to day lives.
To register for free tickets please visit www.independentlivingscotland.org
Watch out for Jim Byrne Accessible Web Design
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Street Party Ashton Lane
- Christmas Tree Light Switch On & Street Market 2019 Glasgow West End
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire