Haim – review by Pauline Keightley
Review by Pauline Keightley
Glasgow’s hippest venue SW3 was packed with many female fans in the front rows.I first heard the band perform on the BBC Jools Holland show and I thought their sound was refreshing. A few months back they supported Florence and the Machine, which was a good opportunity for the band.
I like Haim – good to see a girl band that play well and look good and didn’t totter about the stage in huge heels! The three sisters from Los Angeles let loose their joyful harmony singing and cool rhythms. Este, the oldest ,is a talented bass player – equally talented are Danielle, who plays guitar with drama, and energetic Alana on keys. On drums is Dash Hutton. The three sisters take turns on lead vocals, which makes makes the gig more interesting. They are also tremendous fun and provide great entertainment.
The crowd enjoyed their Fleetwood Mac cover and new single Falling. Another favourite was their song Save Me, which is also a favourite of mine. They finished their encore Let Me Go. I enjoyed their relaxed manner, sublety and infectious energy. Their rather unusual rhythms also caught my attention.
This band is the second Californian girl rock band I’ve taken photos of – the first being Warpaint a few years ago. I am not sure where the Scottish girl bands are?
Review and Photos by Pauline Keightley – http://www.musicfootnotes.com/
This section: Pauline Keightley
Filed under: Pauline Keightley
- Celtic Connections 2022: Transatlantic Sessions
- Celtic Connections 2020: This Is Caledonian Soul review by Pauline Keightley
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2019 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- New Traditions: Talisk, Vishtèn and Xabier Diaz at Celtic Connections 2019
- Celtic Connections Grace and Danger, Tribute to John Martyn photographs and review by Pauline Keightley
- Kathleen Macinnes at Celtic Connections photos and review by Pauline Keightley
- Celtic Connections, Sync of the Times review and photographs, Pauline Keightley
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2018 photographs and review by Pauline Keightley
- Dick Gaughan Tribute Concert at Celtic Connections 2018 – photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Blue Rose Code at Celtic Connections 2018 photos and review Pauline Keightley
- Beth Orton at Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Session A9 Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Max Richter at Celtic Connections 2018 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Shawn Colvin Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs Pauline Keightley
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Celtic Connections: Transatlantic Sessions 2017 review by Pauline Keightley
- Rab Noakes, The Old Fruitmarket, Celtic Connections 2017
- Mary Chapin Carpenter at Celtic Connections 2017 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- King Creosote, Old Fruitmarket, Celtic Connections 2017 review by Pauline Keightley