Haiku the Noo: Architecture and the Spaces In Between, Greyfriars Gardens – Until 18 September, 2016.
Exhibition at Greyfriars Garden, Shuttle Street, Glasgow G1 1QH
Free event open the first sunday and third saturday of each month plus during the two weekends of the Merchant City Festival and during Doors Open weekend. 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Haiku the Noo: Architecture and the Spaces in Between is a poetic interpretation of nature and gardening in the city by Greyfriars’ gardeners and students from St Stephen’s. Come and be inspired.
Gardeners from Greyfriars Garden and pupils from St Stephen’s Primary School in Sighthill have written a series of haiku poems that explore their relationship with the seasons and nature and are a testament to the value of ‘green space’ in an urban environment.
These poems will be on public display both inside and outside the garden during the Festival of Architecture 2016. A variety of media is used to interpret the poems. Those haiku which are externally mounted will not require entry to the garden to be viewed and these can be seen from 1st May onwards at any time.
The official launch of Haiku the Noo is scheduled for 1st May 2016 and the garden will be open to festival visitors on the first Sunday and third Saturday of the month, between 1.00pm-4.00pm, plus advertised weekdays, from 1st May up until 18th September.
Runs until 18 September, 2016
Haiku the Noo has been generously supported by:
- Glasgow City Council
- Glasgow Housing Association
- Stalled Spaces, Glasgow City Council
- LGBTI Elders Online Social Dance Club
- Learn How To Use Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland
- National Library of Scotland Film Friday
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- Best of Africa in Motion Shorts – Shoeshine screening online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event