Haiku the Noo: Architecture and the Spaces In Between, Greyfriars Gardens – Until 18 September, 2016.
Exhibition at Greyfriars Garden, Shuttle Street, Glasgow G1 1QH
Free event open the first sunday and third saturday of each month plus during the two weekends of the Merchant City Festival and during Doors Open weekend. 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Haiku the Noo: Architecture and the Spaces in Between is a poetic interpretation of nature and gardening in the city by Greyfriars’ gardeners and students from St Stephen’s. Come and be inspired.
Gardeners from Greyfriars Garden and pupils from St Stephen’s Primary School in Sighthill have written a series of haiku poems that explore their relationship with the seasons and nature and are a testament to the value of ‘green space’ in an urban environment.
These poems will be on public display both inside and outside the garden during the Festival of Architecture 2016. A variety of media is used to interpret the poems. Those haiku which are externally mounted will not require entry to the garden to be viewed and these can be seen from 1st May onwards at any time.
The official launch of Haiku the Noo is scheduled for 1st May 2016 and the garden will be open to festival visitors on the first Sunday and third Saturday of the month, between 1.00pm-4.00pm, plus advertised weekdays, from 1st May up until 18th September.
Runs until 18 September, 2016
Haiku the Noo has been generously supported by:
- Glasgow City Council
- Glasgow Housing Association
- Stalled Spaces, Glasgow City Council
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT
- Never Gonna Snow Again, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The French Dispatch, GFT
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Opening Time – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cats Protection Jade Carrera Art Event