Great News: Centre for Contemporary Arts (CCA) Re-opening
CCA, Saramago Cafe Bar, Welcome Home and Aye-Aye Books will reopen to the public this Saturday 20 October, 2018 from 12noon.
Jonas Staal’s The Scottish-European Parliament will reopen on Tuesday 23 October, when the events programme also starts again with Iglooghost. Kari Stewart and Shireen Taylor’s, Time Management, exhibition opens the following weekend in Intermedia.
Week Beginning Monday 22nd October, you can look forward the Screening Irish History series which continues with Shake Hands With the Devil, staring James Cagney, Matchbox Cineclub take over the CCA cinema for a four-night halloween pop-up in collaboration with Pity Party Film Club and She’s En Scene. Mount Florida Screenings also return with their bi-monthly artist moving image screening.
There are movement and sound workshops from The Glasgow Jam, 3 Elements of Difference and MAW; Playwrights’ Studio host the Stage to Page workshop evening; and Seeds of Thought present their monthly Poetry Night and Drawing Session.
“Thank you all for your amazing support over the past four months, we can’t wait to welcome you back to CCA!”
- Candlelight Spoken Word Open Mic
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Wakeful Screening at CCA
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Celtic Connections 2020 Hannah Read and Andy Monaghan review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass