Great News: Centre for Contemporary Arts (CCA) Re-opening
CCA, Saramago Cafe Bar, Welcome Home and Aye-Aye Books will reopen to the public this Saturday 20 October, 2018 from 12noon.
Jonas Staal’s The Scottish-European Parliament will reopen on Tuesday 23 October, when the events programme also starts again with Iglooghost. Kari Stewart and Shireen Taylor’s, Time Management, exhibition opens the following weekend in Intermedia.
Week Beginning Monday 22nd October, you can look forward the Screening Irish History series which continues with Shake Hands With the Devil, staring James Cagney, Matchbox Cineclub take over the CCA cinema for a four-night halloween pop-up in collaboration with Pity Party Film Club and She’s En Scene. Mount Florida Screenings also return with their bi-monthly artist moving image screening.
There are movement and sound workshops from The Glasgow Jam, 3 Elements of Difference and MAW; Playwrights’ Studio host the Stage to Page workshop evening; and Seeds of Thought present their monthly Poetry Night and Drawing Session.
“Thank you all for your amazing support over the past four months, we can’t wait to welcome you back to CCA!”
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT