Samhain Lantern Walk Glasgow
1st November, 2018, 3.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Back Garden, off Brechin Street, 19 Brechin Street, Glasgow, G3 7HF
Samhain is a Gaelic festival marking the end of harvest season and the beginning of winter or the “darker half” of the year.
Celebrate this change in season with us at the Back Garden off Brechin Street on Thursday 1st November, 2018 from 3.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Young people from Sgoil Ghàidlig Ghlaschu, the Gaelic school on Berkeley Street are going to sing some festive songs.
They’re also preparing lanterns for a lantern parade round the garden. If you’d like to dress up then please feel free.
We will have hot spiced apple juice available. Please wrap up warm, and layer up. It’ll be hat and glove season no doubt too.
This is an informal gathering to celebrate the changing of seasons, providing young people an opportunity to reach a larger audience within the local community for their musical and other creative output.
The Back Garden was set up in 2011 by Annexe Communities with a grant from the Climate Change Fund.
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Payback Claire MacLeary