Samhain Lantern Walk Glasgow
1st November, 2018, 3.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Back Garden, off Brechin Street, 19 Brechin Street, Glasgow, G3 7HF
Samhain is a Gaelic festival marking the end of harvest season and the beginning of winter or the “darker half” of the year.
Celebrate this change in season with us at the Back Garden off Brechin Street on Thursday 1st November, 2018 from 3.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Young people from Sgoil Ghàidlig Ghlaschu, the Gaelic school on Berkeley Street are going to sing some festive songs.
They’re also preparing lanterns for a lantern parade round the garden. If you’d like to dress up then please feel free.
We will have hot spiced apple juice available. Please wrap up warm, and layer up. It’ll be hat and glove season no doubt too.
This is an informal gathering to celebrate the changing of seasons, providing young people an opportunity to reach a larger audience within the local community for their musical and other creative output.
The Back Garden was set up in 2011 by Annexe Communities with a grant from the Climate Change Fund.
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- It’s A Wonderful Life GFT
- Take 2: How the Grinch Stole Christmas, GFT
- The Bolshoi Ballet Encore: The Nutcracker GFT
- Her Smell, GFT
- The Kingmaker, GFT
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- Christmas Carousel The Platform
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks
- Christmas at Glasgow Film Theatre 2019