Samhain Lantern Walk Glasgow
1st November, 2018, 3.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Back Garden, off Brechin Street, 19 Brechin Street, Glasgow, G3 7HF
Samhain is a Gaelic festival marking the end of harvest season and the beginning of winter or the “darker half” of the year.
Celebrate this change in season with us at the Back Garden off Brechin Street on Thursday 1st November, 2018 from 3.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Young people from Sgoil Ghàidlig Ghlaschu, the Gaelic school on Berkeley Street are going to sing some festive songs.
They’re also preparing lanterns for a lantern parade round the garden. If you’d like to dress up then please feel free.
We will have hot spiced apple juice available. Please wrap up warm, and layer up. It’ll be hat and glove season no doubt too.
This is an informal gathering to celebrate the changing of seasons, providing young people an opportunity to reach a larger audience within the local community for their musical and other creative output.
The Back Garden was set up in 2011 by Annexe Communities with a grant from the Climate Change Fund.
- The Acoustic Night Special Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Burns Celebration Online Tannahill Centre
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Sav Aiello Yoga Savvy Classes
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again