Samhain Lantern Walk Glasgow
1st November, 2018, 3.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Back Garden, off Brechin Street, 19 Brechin Street, Glasgow, G3 7HF
Samhain is a Gaelic festival marking the end of harvest season and the beginning of winter or the “darker half” of the year.
Celebrate this change in season with us at the Back Garden off Brechin Street on Thursday 1st November, 2018 from 3.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Young people from Sgoil Ghàidlig Ghlaschu, the Gaelic school on Berkeley Street are going to sing some festive songs.
They’re also preparing lanterns for a lantern parade round the garden. If you’d like to dress up then please feel free.
We will have hot spiced apple juice available. Please wrap up warm, and layer up. It’ll be hat and glove season no doubt too.
This is an informal gathering to celebrate the changing of seasons, providing young people an opportunity to reach a larger audience within the local community for their musical and other creative output.
The Back Garden was set up in 2011 by Annexe Communities with a grant from the Climate Change Fund.
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA