Glasgow Writers: Phil Murnin
Phillip Murnin is a fiction writer, who has gained numerous awards for his work. He studied M.Litt Creative Writing at the University of Glasgow, where he won The Sceptre Prize for emerging writers. In 2014 he was awarded the Scottish Book Trust, New Writers’ Award 2014 and, in 2012, the Gillian Purvis Award for New Writing.
He has performed at various literary events including New Writers Showcase in Edinburgh and has had short stories published, including, ‘Street Kids’ based on Joan Yardley’s painting of the same name, which inspired the written piece as part of the Get Writing, Creative Writing Competition, encouraging interaction between two art forms: the visual arts and literature. His work has also been published in ‘From Glasgow To Saturn’, ‘Gutter Magazine’ and ‘New Writing Scotland’.
Phillip was part of the re-established Hobsbawm Workshop, 2014 – 2015, which was brought together by the poet Chris Agee to inspire and encourage the work of some of Glasgow’s best new writers.
He is part of the Ten Writers Telling Lies Project – where ten of Glasgow’s most talented writers have got together with the musician Jim Byrne, to produce a book and CD. The product will be launched in 2017. You can catch a preview at the West End Festival 2016.
This section: Ten Writers Telling Lies, writers
- I Was A Child Of The Thirties – Christina Byrne
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Ghazal: the phone – poem by Rizwan Akhtar
- A Walk in the Kilpatricks – poem by Christina Byrne
- ‘Where God put the West’ – travelling through the land of the Navajo Ian R Mitchell
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Glasgow Writer: Stuart Cosgrove
- Glasgow Writer: Samina Chaudry
- Let Glasgow Flourish: The Case for a Metropolitan City Boundary, Ian R. Mitchell
- Two poems by Finola Scott: ‘Garlic’ and ‘Rhubarb’
- Glasgow Writer: Mary Irvine
- Glasgow Writers: Tom Leonard
- Govanhill; no single-ends by Ian R. Mitchell
- Tarnished Jewels, U.S.A.’s Public Lands Under Trump by Ian R. Mitchell
- Leela Soma: ‘Vermillion’ a poem for Autumn
- Janet Paisley: Scottish Author, Poet and Playwright
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Denise Mina: Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Kevin Scott
- Mary Irvine’s Blog:Merchant City Festival Outdoor Stage at the Tron 22.07.2017