Glasgow Stands With Pulse Orlando Vigil in George Square Monday, 13 June, 2016 – 5.30 – 6.30 p.m.
Glasgow Stands With Pulse Orlando
Vigil in George Square
Monday, 13 June, 2016 – 5.30 – 6.30 p.m.
‘With the tragic news of the shooting at the gay club Pulse in Orlando, we’re holding a vigil in George Square tomorrow evening to show our support for LGBTQ people worldwide, and to provide a space for us to mourn with our community.
This attack is a reflection of the violence LGBTQ people face daily, not just in the US but across the world, and this violence feels personal for many of us. This was a hate crime against our community, and an extension of the messages that we hear daily that we should not be visible, we should not be out, we should not exist.
There has already been attempts to blame Islam for this violence, and it’s especially important that we come together to condemn this racist scapegoating, and stand with our Muslim LGBTQ siblings. There’s been an increase in anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and legislation from the GOP, and its there we should be looking for the root causes of the problem, which are the deep-seated homophobia and transphobia in our societies.
The inclusive support of our whole community, and of the wider Glasgow community, is vital as we mourn the loss of so many lives, and continue to fight the bigotry that allows such attacks to happen in the first place.’
George Square, Glasgow G1
One response to “Glasgow Stands With Pulse Orlando Vigil in George Square Monday, 13 June, 2016 – 5.30 – 6.30 p.m.”
- The Sea of Paperwork Exhibition – Maryhill Integration Network
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses