Glasgow Open House Arts Festival 2021
Glasgow Open House Arts Festival programme 24-27th September 2021
Glasgow Open House Arts Festival is a non-profit artist-led organisation that aims to improve access to the arts for everyone. Using new meaningful ‘spaces’ to engage with art and ideas you will find a wide range of exhibitions throughout the city.
The festival fosters community engagement and affords opportunities to artists from all backgrounds.
Glasgow Open House Arts Festival encourages artists to use alternative, domestic and public spaces to exhibit their art. By ‘removing’ art from conventional spaces, such as galleries and museums you can interact with the arts in a way that is accessible, engaging and exciting.
The festival has a vast programme of artists exhibiting their work in alternative spaces. Including:
GSA graduate-founded festival
10 a.m. – 6p.m. 24 – 27 September at Glassford Street Car Park, G1 1 UP
Annie Graham, Angus MacDonald, Chandelle Waugh, Chao-Ying Elizabeth Rao, Christian-Alexandru Popa, Council Baby, Dexter Stokes-Mellor, Dylan Esposito, Eilidh Reilly, Jack McElroy, Jimson Weed, Joe Habben, Joe O’Brien, Joel Davidson, Koolkatwarner, Lisa Gavienas, Molly Lindsay, Olivia Leven, Rachy McEwan, Robert McCormack, Sam Harley, Sam Welch, Sean Robertson & Viktoria Szaboova
Glasgow School of Art Community Engagement
Friends of Garnethill Green Spaces (FROGGS) [Elke Finkenauer, Ulrike Enslein, Adela Quinn, Bassel Zeid]
Garnethill Park, G3 6PW & Garnethill Community Garden G3 6QD
Friends of Garnethill’s Green Spaces presents functional artworks, responses to place and community, and ephemeral works, situated in Garnethill Park and Garnethill Community Garden. QR codes at each site will provide information about the works and projects.
Saturday 26 – Monday 27 September, 2021
Hosting a series of artworks in Garnethill Park and their community garden as part of
Join them for a celebration of green spaces and creative interventions! Friends of Garnethill Green Spaces on Facebook.
Artists: Judith Abubakar, Richard Anderson, John Cocozza, Andrew Crosbie, Michael Earll, Edward Henry, Doreen Kay, Stuart Low, Nils McDiarmid, Jonathan McKinstry, John McNaught, Cameron Morgan, Paul Rankine, Steven Reilly
11am-5pm Wednesday – Saturday | 11 September – 9 October | Trongate 103
Gallery space at Trongate 103, Trongate, Glasgow City Centre
John McNaughts birds represent a lifeline during the pandemic – painting these feathered friends kept him occupied and soothed his mind during difficult times. And now they are bringing joy to others on the walls of
Recovering Woodlands – Woodlands Community Gardens
Woodlands Community Garden, 117 W Prince’s St G4 9BY
10-5pm until Monday 27 September, 2021
Come and Cook a wee clay guy
MAL VILLE, 11-5 every day until Monday, 33 Melville Street!!!! As part of Glasgow Open House Arts Festival @OHGlasgow COME!!! COOK A WEE CLAY GUY!!!
A Home Projects – Window Box Paper Craft
‘Window Box’ paper craft activity – to create at home & display for #GOHAF21 Buy a kit with all materials & guidance to do this at home for just £10!
Glasgow Open House Festival Online
There are also many events and exhibitions you can check out and enjoy online:
#GOHAFonline | Pen Pals are characters and stories made together while apart. You can view the project online, and there are also a limited edition of physical zine copies available for request via the website or by texting 07704280787. #GOHAF21 #artistsinisolation
Check out details of many events on Twitter Glasgow Open House
This section: Art, Art & artists Glasgow West End, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Roy’s West End View: Battered Boris savaged by top Scots true blues
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Wullie Davidson’s Blog: Extreme Global Weather Events of 2021
- Bob Law’s Blog: An Unusual Cross Country Ski Day in Glasgow
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- G20 Young People to Climb Ben Nevis to support people affected by poverty
- Shaking Hands With Christmas – Brian Whittingham
- Is this ‘Black Bitch’ name ban really justified?
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Mother India – Christmas Menu 2021 Set Menus
- Dante and Alasdair Gray Symposium
- George Wylie Centenary Exhibition
- Glasgow Film Theatre December Programme 2021
- Christmas Craft and Flea, The Briggait
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo