Glasgow International: Jordan Wolfson Date: 04 Apr – 21 April, 2014, McLellan Galleries
Date: 04 Apr – 21 Apr
Jordan Wolfson creates sculptural videos that use high-quality production methods, often working with animators with experience in commercial film, music videos and advertising. Whilst his work navigates universal themes; life, death and love, Wolfson’s authorial voice speaks of the artist’s place within this constructed world – as a conduit for received images, actions and language. The protagonists in these intuitively constructed pieces are hand-drawn or computer generated animations that glide over a surface of stock and shot imagery. Wolfson’s videos are often formed of paradox. He delivers absurd and contradictory narratives, characters and motifs; a punk with a cheeky demeanor, a cartoon angry kid, an orthodox Jew reading a Vogue and performing a lovers’ exchange.
Glasgow International will present a mini-survey of Wolfson’s work, showing videos from over the last decade, installed throughout the lower level of the McLellan Galleries.
Commissioned by Glasgow International.
Supported by Homecoming Scotland and Culture 2014.
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Spanish Civil War Collections The Mitchell Library
- Sarah Kudirka Open Studio The Hidden Lane
- ‘Creatures as Natural Hunters’ Damian Henry Glasgow Print Studio
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Glasgow School of Art Graduate Degree Show 2019
- Trees v Capitalism by Maggie Kelly at Woodland Community Workspace
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Young Talent, ProjectAbility
- Living in the Magic Garden, Cafe Gandolfi, Merchant City Glasgow
- Freed Spirit : The Paintings of Maria Spadoni (1928 – 2014) RGI
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow