Glasgow International: Jordan Wolfson Date: 04 Apr – 21 April, 2014, McLellan Galleries
Date: 04 Apr – 21 Apr
Jordan Wolfson creates sculptural videos that use high-quality production methods, often working with animators with experience in commercial film, music videos and advertising. Whilst his work navigates universal themes; life, death and love, Wolfson’s authorial voice speaks of the artist’s place within this constructed world – as a conduit for received images, actions and language. The protagonists in these intuitively constructed pieces are hand-drawn or computer generated animations that glide over a surface of stock and shot imagery. Wolfson’s videos are often formed of paradox. He delivers absurd and contradictory narratives, characters and motifs; a punk with a cheeky demeanor, a cartoon angry kid, an orthodox Jew reading a Vogue and performing a lovers’ exchange.
Glasgow International will present a mini-survey of Wolfson’s work, showing videos from over the last decade, installed throughout the lower level of the McLellan Galleries.
Commissioned by Glasgow International.
Supported by Homecoming Scotland and Culture 2014.
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- George Wylie Centenary Exhibition
- Glasgow Print Studio – Members’ Christmas Show 2021
- Art for Africa in Memory of Rony Bridges
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Christmas Commissions, Exhibition and Gifts Kelvin Art Studio & Gallery
- Palindrome: Cohen – Art Painting & Photography Exhibition
- Caroline Miller Art – Open Day
- Artivismo Pintando Murales Derribamos Muros – Digital Exhibition Launch
- The Pollution Pods – COP26 at Gartnavel
- RCC at COP26: Environmental Humanities Exhibition
- Cats Protection Jade Carrera Art Event
- Urban Potentials Exhibition Launch
- Art for Africa in memory of Rony Bridges
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Winnie Herbstein – Dampbusters at CCA
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Lifting The Lid on Whistler at the Hunterian