Glasgow International: Jordan Wolfson Date: 04 Apr – 21 April, 2014, McLellan Galleries
Date: 04 Apr – 21 Apr
Jordan Wolfson creates sculptural videos that use high-quality production methods, often working with animators with experience in commercial film, music videos and advertising. Whilst his work navigates universal themes; life, death and love, Wolfson’s authorial voice speaks of the artist’s place within this constructed world – as a conduit for received images, actions and language. The protagonists in these intuitively constructed pieces are hand-drawn or computer generated animations that glide over a surface of stock and shot imagery. Wolfson’s videos are often formed of paradox. He delivers absurd and contradictory narratives, characters and motifs; a punk with a cheeky demeanor, a cartoon angry kid, an orthodox Jew reading a Vogue and performing a lovers’ exchange.
Glasgow International will present a mini-survey of Wolfson’s work, showing videos from over the last decade, installed throughout the lower level of the McLellan Galleries.
Commissioned by Glasgow International.
Supported by Homecoming Scotland and Culture 2014.
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Winnie Herbstein – Dampbusters at CCA
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Lifting The Lid on Whistler at the Hunterian
- Willie Sutherland – Evolution of Wa at CCA
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery
- The Hunterian: Jimmy Robert: Tobacco Flower
- 100 Years of the Barras Photography Exhibition
- Contemporary Quilt Group, The Auld Kirk
- ProjectAbility – Online Exhibition ‘Altered Space’
- SWG3 Opens New Gallery – Yard Life
- Joan Eardley Centenary – Writers Celebrate her work
- The Joan Eardley Centenary Celebration
- At Home Artist’s Talk: GOMA
- The Dance of the Lunar Creatrix – Marianne Wilson
- Greenpeace – Kelvin Way’s Low-Traffic Neighbourhood
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- Glasgow Greenpeace – Kelvin Way Valentine’s Day