Glasgow Gigs: Clannad and Mary Black, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall 13th March
Clannad and Mary Black
Thu 13 March, 7:30pm
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Two of Ireland’s musical icons share the stage in a special tour. Performing both separate sets and together, this unique concert is one not to be missed. Clannad, the Irish family group responsible for such timeless music as ‘Theme From Harry’s Game’, ‘In A Lifetime’ and ‘I Will Find You’, recently celebrated their 40th anniversary. Their music entwines the traditional and the modern, past and future with stunningly beautiful results. With their haunting songs, mesmerizing vocals and captivating sound the group has sold over fifteen million records worldwide.
For over a quarter-century, singer Mary Black has been a dominant presence in Irish music. Mary has released 11 studio albums all of which achieved platinum sales status and spawned countless hits. She is a real Irish treasure and her talent a gift from this small island to a grateful world.
Online: www.glasgowconcerthalls.com (24 hours)
By phone: 0141 353 8000 (Mon – Fri 9am – 6pm, Sat 10am – 6pm)
In person: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3NY
(Mon – Sat 10am – 6pm)
City Halls and Old Fruitmarket, Candleriggs, Glasgow, G1 1NQ
(Mon – Sat 12noon – 6pm)
Tickets for all performances can be booked at both box office locations.
Sunday opening hours may vary, please contact the box office to confirm.
The box office counter and phone-lines will remain open later on concert evenings.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA
- West Princes plus King Wine at the Hug and Pint, Glasgow