Glasgow Film Theatre Re-opening
Glasgow Film Theatre will re-open on 31 August, 2020
GFT will open on 31 August with best plan in place to ensure opening safely, and with great new films in our cinema.
Things will be different with safe operating measures in line with guidance provided by the UK Cinema Association but the magic of watching a movie on the big screen is one thing that will never change.
How will GFT look when it re-opens?
Social distancing guidelines will mean that GFT will re-open with reduced capacity in all of its screens, using only approximately 20% of normal capacity. This means that the significant majority of seats will be kept vacant to allow adequate spacing of customers. Initially there will be fewer screenings per day, to avoid bottlenecks and to ensure sufficient time for enhanced cleaning to be done between shows.
In the meantime worth checking out Glasgow Film Theatre At Home
Listen to Podcast with Pat chatting to Ruth Marsh, Head of Scottish Media, Glasgow Film Festival. Jim and Pat’s West End Chat
This section: Cinema, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- From the Studio of Alasdair Gray – Sale Great Western Auctions
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Digital Doors Open Day Glasgow 2020