Glasgow Film Theatre Re-opening
Glasgow Film Theatre will re-open on 31 August, 2020
GFT will open on 31 August with best plan in place to ensure opening safely, and with great new films in our cinema.
Things will be different with safe operating measures in line with guidance provided by the UK Cinema Association but the magic of watching a movie on the big screen is one thing that will never change.
How will GFT look when it re-opens?
Social distancing guidelines will mean that GFT will re-open with reduced capacity in all of its screens, using only approximately 20% of normal capacity. This means that the significant majority of seats will be kept vacant to allow adequate spacing of customers. Initially there will be fewer screenings per day, to avoid bottlenecks and to ensure sufficient time for enhanced cleaning to be done between shows.
In the meantime worth checking out Glasgow Film Theatre At Home
Listen to Podcast with Pat chatting to Ruth Marsh, Head of Scottish Media, Glasgow Film Festival. Jim and Pat’s West End Chat
This section: Cinema, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Janine Jansen: Falling for Stradivari, GFT
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Eglinton Country Park – Helen Rose Outdoors
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- Wully Davidson’s Bus Pass Rambles: Warm Day in the West Highlands
- Aya Films – showcasing new Scottish curatorial talent
- Riverside Festival 2021
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Glasgow Connects, Glasgow Science Festival 2021