Get Adventurous with Lily Dyu & Helen Skelton
Edinburgh Book Festival
Tuesday 18 August, 2020 16:00 – 17:00
Baillie Gifford Children’s Theatre Online
Would you like to race across mountains, fly into space or journey to Antarctica? Well, why don’t you? In this live event you’ll be inspired to get active and get adventurous after hearing the stories of some amazing real-life superheroes.
Helen Skelton is an adventurer, world-record breaker and presenter on the BBC’s long-running series Countryfile – her book Wild Girls gives a first-hand insight into her unbelievable escapades, from kayaking the Amazon to cycling around the South Pole.
In Lily Dyu’s Fantastic Female Adventurers you’ll likewise discover the stories of amazing women who have raced over the Himalayas, flown into space and sailed around the world. Chairing this event is poet and fellow-adventurer Nadine Aisha Jassat.
This is a live event: come prepared with your questions for the Q&A!
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Edinburgh Book Festival, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- WestFest – The Big Weekend
- Soul Bowl, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- WOCO Woodlands’ Own Community Festival
- The Making of Alasdair Gray’s Lanark
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End