Glasgow Short Film Festival Online
17 August, 2020 at 19:00 – 23 August, 2020 at 22:00
#GSFF20online is a special online-only event.
The 12th GSFF should have taken place back in March – you can now catch a modified version online.
Passes are on sale now and priced on a sliding scale (£7 – £9 – £11 – £14). A pass gives you access to the full festival programme!
The six programmes of the Bill Douglas Award for International Short Film and one of the strongest ever Scottish Short Film Competition lineups – will be under the spotlight for #GSFF20online. Each programme includes exclusive filmmaker interviews, bringing context to a cross-section of the most vibrant new cinema from Scotland and across the world.
The Online Festival
This will include a focus on Thai filmmaker Sorayos Prapapan, thematic programmes Black Spatial Imaginaries and Urban Palimpsests, the early shorts of Japanese auteur Nobuhiko Ôbayashi, and so much more.
The programme will be supplemented with discussion events and a specially-curated opening programme showcasing the UK premiere of In the Company of Insects, a brand-new film by a favourite filmmaker, Duncan Cowles.
Collaboration will take place with Short Waves Festival in Poland on two industry panels and a spotlight on animator Tomasz Popakul, whose unique visions of alienation seem particularly well suited to our times.
This online edition provides the perfect opportunity for viewers unfamiliar with short film to get to grips with the format. The Skinny’s Best of the Decade programme is a great primer of contemporary Scottish filmmaking, while a selection of award-winning European Film Academy titles brings critically acclaimed titles from across Europe to UK audiences.
Comedy and horror programmes should satisfy your hunger for late-night thrills, and the ever-popular family animation programme will be accompanied by an exclusive online animation workshop by Kate Burton.
All programmes, including Q&As, are captioned for D/deaf and Hard of Hearing audiences.
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Zoom and online events
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- Govan Stones Music Festival
- Aya Films – showcasing new Scottish curatorial talent
- Riverside Festival 2021
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Bat Walk, Glasgow Green
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting