Glasgow Film Theatre introduce popular GFF strand CineMasters to year-round programme
The CineMasters strand at Glasgow Film Festival is devoted to the work of some of the most accomplished, admired and influential filmmakers in the world, and Glasgow Film Theatre has now introduced regular CineMasters seasons to the year-round programme. Glasgow Film Festival 2017 CineMasters strand included titles from Francois Ozon, Paul Verhoeven, Werner Herzog, Terrence Malick and Lav Diaz. Introduced as a year-round strand of GFT programming in March, with seasons of work from Kelly Reichardt and Martin Scorsese, April continues with CineMasters: David Lynch.
A singular and daring outsider artist who is preoccupied with the dark absurdities of the American psyche, David Lynch has blazed a truly unique trail through cinema in the past four decades. Mostly silent for over a decade, Lynch will soon return to the small screen with a revival of his celebrated TV series Twin Peaks. This season of his work includes: the only film Lynch has made based on a true story, affecting drama The Elephant Man starring John Hurt and Anthony Hopkins; the rarely-screened Lost Highway on 35mm; recently voted number one in a BBC Critics Poll on 21st Century’s Top 100 Films, Mulholland Drive; Laura Dern and Nicolas Cage as lovers on the run in Wild at Heart and the directors’ compellingly unconventional debut feature, Eraserhead.
In anticipation of the return of Lynch’s hit TV series Twin Peaks, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (on 35mm) and rarely-seen on the cinema screen, Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces, screen at GFT in May to complement the season.
Sean Greenhorn, Programme Manager at GFT, said: ‘CineMasters is an important element to Glasgow Film Festival, as we celebrate the work these legendary filmmakers have contributed to the history of cinema, and we are delighted to expand this into our regular, year-round programming at Glasgow Film Theatre. With his place as one of the most influential and iconoclastic auteurs in American cinema, David Lynch truly deserves the title of CineMaster and we are delighted to screen this retrospective of his work.’
Buy a ticket for all 7 films: £56 (£45.50 conc) / £49 CineCard (£38.50 conc).
Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA