Glasgow Film Theatre: Contemporary Cinema Course 2016 at CCA September/October
Glasgow Film Theatre: Contemporary Cinema Course
Mon 19 September 2016
6.30pm, £65 (£55) for full course, Clubroom
Book online / 0141 352 4900
Related CCA Events
Mon 5 September 2016
Mon 3 October 2016
An ideal beginner’s course for those wishing to broaden their critical understanding of contemporary cinema. Current releases are complemented by engaging discussion around a range of topics.
The course takes place over eight consecutive Monday evenings, and is comprised of four film screenings and four seminars. Films will be in early evenings but exact times may vary and will include titles such as Wiener-Dog, Julieta and Captain Fantastic*.
Seminars will take place at 18.30 in the CCA Clubroom.
Led by Alistair Harkness, Film Critic and Feature Writer with The Scotsman, and regular contributor to BBC Radio Scotland’s The Janice Forsyth Show.
Price: £65/55 – tickets to films included.
Sign up via glasgowfilm.org or at the Glasgow Film Theatre Box Office.
*Films subject to change due to scheduling and release dates.
This is a level one course.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams