Glasgow Cancer Research UK Race for Life 5k 2014
4th May 2014
Glasgow Green, Greendyke Street, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G40 1AT
Adult entry (16+ women-only) – £14.99; Child entry (6-15 girls and boys under 13) – £10; Under 6 entry (boys and girls) – free and no registration needed
Please Register online
Ladies, it’s time to take the fight to cancer at Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life.
Let’s face it. Cancer doesn’t care who it affects. It can ruin everything without a second thought. It will affect one in three of us. But united we are stronger than cancer. We will beat it.
Cancer’s going down. And every single pound we raise pushes it closer to the floor.
That’s why we Race for Life. We take absolute delight in telling cancer that we’re coming to get it.
Show cancer who’s boss by taking on a 5k Race for Life event in Glasgow. Run, walk or dance your way through the course and help us say “cancer we’re coming to get you.”
You and your friends can also take part by volunteering. Our events can’t take place without the hundreds of people who give up their time for a few hours to set up the courses and get everyone in the Race for Life mood.< ?p>
Find out more and register to be a volunteer: Register to volunteerl
The race starts on the Saltmarket, heading along the Trongate to proceed past the beautiful and iconic George Square before reaching the bustling City Centre of Glasgow’s style mile. Heading South you will cross Glasgow’s Albert Bridge before arriving at the heart of the city in Glasgow Green. The course itself is relatively flat in all areas and offers participants the opportunity to take in some of Glasgow’s beautiful architecture whilst soaking up the amazing atmosphere. The event offers a unique and memorable experience of the city on a Sunday morning.
The meeting point is Glasgow Green. Those planning on running the event (completing in under 35 minutes) are asked to make their way straight to the start line, on Greendyke Street. All other participants should make their way to the main stage enjoy the entertainment and await further instructions.
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Ashton Lane Stre-EAT FEST
- Curatorial Tour: Glasgow and Slavery, People’s Palace
- A Day Of Fun Inspired by John Byrne
- National Youth Pipe Band of Scotland
- Pitch Perfect at Bloody Scotland 2022
- Roma Sisters Together – Govanhill International Festival
- A Musical Walking Tour of John Maclean’s Pollokshaws
- Glorious Govan Gala