West End Festival 2016: Gibson Street Gala, Sunday 19 June
12 Noon until 6 p.m.
The Gibson Street Gala, a favourite event in the West End Festival, will once again offer great entertainment and fun for all the family.
You can expect an array of entertainment and events including: children’s activities, artists’ displays, stalls and delicious food. Gibson Street has some of the best cafes, bars and restaurants in the West End and local traders will be tempting you to sample their products.
Gibson Street Gala is organised by the local residents of GOW – the popular gala day takes place in the area of the West End where Woodlands meets.Hillhead. The gala offers a wide range of activities with free music stages, stalls, art displays, children’s activities, tea and entertainment in St Silas Church, the back court at GOW, Otago Street and Otago Lane and under the bridge. Watch out for Ten Writers Telling Lies – 2.30 p.m. at Tchai Ovna House of Tea, Otago Lane.
You will find wonderful stalls with art work, jewellery, home baking, sweets and novelties and there will be a Kidzone at Hillhead Primary School.
- Echo GFT At Home
- David Attenborough ‘A Life On Our Planet’ film screening
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre at Home
- The Long Walk – GFT A Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Creative Conversations: Sandy NicDhòmhnaill Jones
- I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson
- Scottish Writers Centre: Double Book Launch Leela Soma and Allan Martin
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Poetry, Reading and Discussion
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow