Get Carter The Citizens Theatre until 12 March, 2016.
The Citizens Theatre
8 Mar 2016 to 12 Mar 2016
A dark and stylish new adaptation of the classic Newcastle-noir thriller.
Jack Carter is back home for the first time in years. He’s back to bury a brother who hated him, in a town he swore he was never going to see again. He’s back to find out who killed his brother, to pay debts and settle scores.
As the local underworld closes ranks, Jack’s bosses back in London find out that Jack has had his fingers in the till, and other places they shouldn’t have been. Jack plays a deadly game of cat and mouse as everyone tries to Get Carter, unless he gets you first.
Based on the novel Jack’s Return Home by Ted Lewis which was inspired by the classic noir of Raymond Chandler, the freedom of Jazz and the coming of the 1960s – Lewis’s novel is a classic of British crime fiction.
Set in a hard and uncompromising world of 1960’s Newcastle rife with crime, sex, gambling and violence this adaptation tells the story made famous in Mike Hodge’s seminal film starring Michael Caine in the lead role.
Contains strong language and scenes of violence.
£12.50 – £22.50
£2 online transaction fee applies
Box Office: 0141 429 0022
”[Lorne] Campbell’s production is absorbing.”
The Times ★★★★
Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, Glasgow, G5 9DS
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest