Get Carter The Citizens Theatre until 12 March, 2016.
The Citizens Theatre
8 Mar 2016 to 12 Mar 2016
A dark and stylish new adaptation of the classic Newcastle-noir thriller.
Jack Carter is back home for the first time in years. He’s back to bury a brother who hated him, in a town he swore he was never going to see again. He’s back to find out who killed his brother, to pay debts and settle scores.
As the local underworld closes ranks, Jack’s bosses back in London find out that Jack has had his fingers in the till, and other places they shouldn’t have been. Jack plays a deadly game of cat and mouse as everyone tries to Get Carter, unless he gets you first.
Based on the novel Jack’s Return Home by Ted Lewis which was inspired by the classic noir of Raymond Chandler, the freedom of Jazz and the coming of the 1960s – Lewis’s novel is a classic of British crime fiction.
Set in a hard and uncompromising world of 1960’s Newcastle rife with crime, sex, gambling and violence this adaptation tells the story made famous in Mike Hodge’s seminal film starring Michael Caine in the lead role.
Contains strong language and scenes of violence.
£12.50 – £22.50
£2 online transaction fee applies
Box Office: 0141 429 0022
”[Lorne] Campbell’s production is absorbing.”
The Times ★★★★
Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, Glasgow, G5 9DS
- The Sea of Paperwork Exhibition – Maryhill Integration Network
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses