For All, e-book published by Glasgow Film Theatre featuring Glasgow writers
Glasgow Film Theatre is excited to announce the publication of For All, a free e-book exploring equality and featuring new work by Glasgow based writers, animators and musicians.
Funded by Creative Scotland’s Promoting Equalities Programme (PEP), and published by Ringwood Publishing, the book is the end product of GFT’s ‘For All’ project, which began in 2013. The project’s aim was to explore equalities and access within GFT, and cinema in general. Writers were commissioned to produce new work inspired by what the notion of ‘for all’ meant to them. The writers are:
- Janice Galloway
- Bernard MacLaverty
- Nalini Paul
- Cathy MacPhail
- Tawona Sithole
- Ewan Morrison
- Robin Yassin-Kassab
- Eleanor Thom
- Matthew Fitt
Each piece of work is accompanied by an animation by illustrator David Galletly, and music from The Pictish Trail and Jonnie Common. Members of GFT staff responded to the themes raised in each piece of writing, and questions were posed to audiences, inviting them to join the discussion. The publication combines these responses to create an interactive conversation around equality and change.Glasgow Film Theatre publishes free For All e-book featuring new writing from:
The e-book will be available to download on the GFT website at, and at ringwoodpublishing.com/for-all/ from Wednesday 29 April.
‘Cinema For All’ was adopted as a motto for Glasgow Film Theatre in the late 1980s, and the production of this e-book and its availability free of charge is an attempt to communicate this philosophy, and the questions and answers it generates, to as wide an audience as possible. Paperback copies of the publication will also be available in libraries across Glasgow, as well as in GFT and other cultural organisations in the city.
GFT hopes the project will inspire further conversation about equalities in cinema, and what it means for cinema to be ‘for all’, as well as encouraging audiences to think about the role cinema plays in society.
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch