Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017
‘Family Ties’ Show
Runs In Their Veins
Thistle Gallery is delighted to welcome the talented Kinsman Blake Family with their ‘Family Ties’ Show.
The exceptional creativity of this remarkable family presents a dynamic range of artistry including ceramics, paintings, woodwork to jewellery and screen-printing.
Their own family run Gallery has been based in the Scottish Borders for 40 years.
Linda is well known for her ceramics and oil paintings, while husband, Rankin, works with Scottish hardwoods.
Daughters Robyn and Lillias have both followed creative paths. Robyn, a graduate of Edinburgh College of Art, is an established and innovative jeweller. Lillias studied graphic design at the University of the Arts London, where she developed an affinity for screen-printing.
Displayed together you can see how their individual works share common ground through their close family ties and yet embody their distinctively different personalities.
This exciting and extraordinary Exhibition previews Saturday, September 30th at 11am and runs for a fortnight finishing on Sunday, October 15th, 2017.
Although the Gallery is normally closed on Mondays it will be open seven days a week for the duration of the show’s two week run.
- Carols in the Cloisters
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Coorie In at Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- Christmas Come and Sing, University of Glasgow Choir
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- Panto: A Crackin Cinderella Story at Websters
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- White Christmas – Andre Rieu
- Eileen at GFT
- We Dare To Dream + Q and A at GFT
- Preview: Earth Mama plus Q and A
- Maestro at GFT
- Fallen Leaves
- Elf at IMAX Glasgow and Glasgow Science Centre Galleries
- Cinemasters: Powell and Pressburger GFT
- Take 2: Trolls Band Together
- Oppenheimer at GFT 70mm
- It’s a Wonderful Life GFT
- Arthur’s Christmas Tale in aid of Shelter Scotland
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting