Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
24 June – 5 July, 2020
Delighted to bring you new releases, including UK premieres, live Q&As and special guests across a 12-day festival!
Everyone is missing their frequent visits to beloved cinemas and festivals, and the thrill that comes from watching an exciting new release on the big screen. Edinburgh International Film Festival and Curzon Home Cinema are delighted to present an online festival of the best new cinema for you to enjoy at home.
The 74th Edinburgh Film Festival has had to be postponed in line with the UK Government and Scottish Government’s public health advice, but it’s bringing you the next best thing.
They’ve scoured future release schedules to curate a selection of the very best upcoming cinema – films that are likely to screen at all the best cinemas once they are open again. These exclusive sneak previews should leave you in anticipation of and highly excited for their eventual release on the big screens.
This special, ambitious programme features such award-winning, inspiring names as Jennifer Baichwal, Marco Bellocchio, Ron Howard, the Dardenne brothers, Tilda Swinton, Alicia Vikander and Maxine Peake.
A brand-new release will be shown each day across the 12 day festival, with films playing for between 2 and 12 days, each priced at £9.99 and only available to watch in the UK.
The full programme includes: Clemency, written and directed by Chinonye Chukwu and starring Alfre Woodard and Capital in the 21st Century, directed by Justin Pemberton and based on the bestselling book by Thomas Piketty as the latest additions to the programme. The full line-up of brilliant titles are available to view on Curzon Home Cinema.
This section: Cinema, Coronavirus
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- Scottish Opera – Pop Up Opera
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Digital Doors Open Day Glasgow 2020
- Creative Conversations: Nicholson Baker
- Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- Make Up, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Re-opening Programme
- “Trainspotting The Italian Chapter” madness or success beyond the borders
- Edinburgh Book Festival James Tait Black Prizes
- White Riot, Govanhill International Festival