Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
24 June – 5 July, 2020
Delighted to bring you new releases, including UK premieres, live Q&As and special guests across a 12-day festival!
Everyone is missing their frequent visits to beloved cinemas and festivals, and the thrill that comes from watching an exciting new release on the big screen. Edinburgh International Film Festival and Curzon Home Cinema are delighted to present an online festival of the best new cinema for you to enjoy at home.
The 74th Edinburgh Film Festival has had to be postponed in line with the UK Government and Scottish Government’s public health advice, but it’s bringing you the next best thing.
They’ve scoured future release schedules to curate a selection of the very best upcoming cinema – films that are likely to screen at all the best cinemas once they are open again. These exclusive sneak previews should leave you in anticipation of and highly excited for their eventual release on the big screens.
This special, ambitious programme features such award-winning, inspiring names as Jennifer Baichwal, Marco Bellocchio, Ron Howard, the Dardenne brothers, Tilda Swinton, Alicia Vikander and Maxine Peake.
A brand-new release will be shown each day across the 12 day festival, with films playing for between 2 and 12 days, each priced at £9.99 and only available to watch in the UK.
The full programme includes: Clemency, written and directed by Chinonye Chukwu and starring Alfre Woodard and Capital in the 21st Century, directed by Justin Pemberton and based on the bestselling book by Thomas Piketty as the latest additions to the programme. The full line-up of brilliant titles are available to view on Curzon Home Cinema.
This section: Cinema, Coronavirus
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Cottiers At Home – Beer Garden Takeaway Extended Menu, Bottle Shop, Beer Garden Reopening
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Great Styles from Around the Globe at Jasmine Boutique – Gallery
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- Bob Law’s Blog: Lockdown – Nature in Glasgow
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Jazz on a Summer’s Day review by Pat Byrne
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom