East End Social, Last Big Week-end, 30 and 31 August. 2014
THE LAST BIG WEEKEND : MOGWAI // HUDSON MOHAWKE // OPTIMO // NUMBERS
Hosted by The East End Social and Numbers
Aug 30 at 1:00pm to Aug 31 at 10:00pm
Richmond Park, Clyde Waterfront, Oatlands
Chemikal Underground will bring its inaugural The East End Social programme to a close with The East End Social’s ‘Last Big Weekend’: a spectacular big top concert held over two days within the leafy environs of Richmond Park.
Taking place on Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st of August, this ambitious double header – an official Culture 2014 event and part of Homecoming Scotland 2014 – looks set to be the event of the summer as well as a fitting climax for The East End Social and Culture 2014.
Glasgow’s post-rock trailblazers Mogwai will headline Saturday’s line up while Sunday’s proceedings (curated by legendary club night Optimo and fellow party-specialists Numbers) will be helmed by Hudson Mohawke, one of the most exciting DJs and record producers to emerge from Scotland in the last ten years.
Saturday 30th August
James Holden (LIVE)
The Wedding Present
The Twilight Sad (Official)
(more to be announced)
Sunday 31st August
Nozinja (Shangaan Electro)
(more to be announced)
Kicking off at 1pm and continuing until 10pm, The East End Social’s Last Big Weekend will take place in a marquee erected within the cosy environs of Glasgow’s Richmond Park. Nestled just south of the River Clyde adjacent to Shawfield Stadium, Richmond Park is 5 minutes walk from Dalmarnock Station and 10 minutes walk from Bridgeton Station.
Please note this event is for over 18s only.
More Info at www.eastendsocial.com
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Beatson puts fun into fundraising – online quizz
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Books at the Botanics
- Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Our Ladies
- Glasgow Film Festival: Romantic Comedy + Live Score by Summer Camp
- Befriending Food Experience, Games and Grub
- Stars for Starchild – In Memory of Rony Bridges
- Days of the Bagnold Summer Glasgow Film Festival
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Parasite (black and white version announced)