East End Social, Last Big Week-end, 30 and 31 August. 2014
THE LAST BIG WEEKEND : MOGWAI // HUDSON MOHAWKE // OPTIMO // NUMBERS
Hosted by The East End Social and Numbers
Aug 30 at 1:00pm to Aug 31 at 10:00pm
Richmond Park, Clyde Waterfront, Oatlands
Chemikal Underground will bring its inaugural The East End Social programme to a close with The East End Social’s ‘Last Big Weekend’: a spectacular big top concert held over two days within the leafy environs of Richmond Park.
Taking place on Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st of August, this ambitious double header – an official Culture 2014 event and part of Homecoming Scotland 2014 – looks set to be the event of the summer as well as a fitting climax for The East End Social and Culture 2014.
Glasgow’s post-rock trailblazers Mogwai will headline Saturday’s line up while Sunday’s proceedings (curated by legendary club night Optimo and fellow party-specialists Numbers) will be helmed by Hudson Mohawke, one of the most exciting DJs and record producers to emerge from Scotland in the last ten years.
Saturday 30th August
James Holden (LIVE)
The Wedding Present
The Twilight Sad (Official)
(more to be announced)
Sunday 31st August
Nozinja (Shangaan Electro)
(more to be announced)
Kicking off at 1pm and continuing until 10pm, The East End Social’s Last Big Weekend will take place in a marquee erected within the cosy environs of Glasgow’s Richmond Park. Nestled just south of the River Clyde adjacent to Shawfield Stadium, Richmond Park is 5 minutes walk from Dalmarnock Station and 10 minutes walk from Bridgeton Station.
Please note this event is for over 18s only.
More Info at www.eastendsocial.com
- Vinicombe Street Gala
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2022
- Aye Write: MORE FIYA: A Celebration of Black British Poetry with Kayo Chingonyi, Janette Ayachi and Dean Atta
- 21st Anniversary of the Millennium Link – Maryhill Locks
- Aye Write 2022: Introducing Debut Authors
- Aye Write: Douglas Bruton introduces…Kenny Boyle, Claire Alexander, Adrian Keefe and Charlie Roy
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell Introduces… Kirsty Capes, Louise Nealon and Emily Edwards
- Aye Write: Matthew Keeley Introduces… Liam Konemann, Julie Owen Moylan and James Cahill
- The Great May Day Cabaret at OranMor
- Plant Sale supporting Christian Aid
- Wee Write 2022
- 20 Years of Oxfam Music
- Earth Day 2022 at Music Broth
- Glasgow Against Closures – Protest Picnic People’s Palace
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation Fundraiser