Curtains Up on Winter Windows, Thistle Gallery – Exhibition Runs Until 24 December, 2016
‘CURTAINS UP ON OUR
Thistle Gallery, Park Road, G4 9JF
Open seven days a week through until Christmas
Browse through their eclectic Christmas Show ‘Unwrapped’ which runs until Christmas Eve.’
As well as an exceptional array of original Scottish Contemporary Art hanging the spacious Gallery walls you will also find:
JEWELLERY BY : Amanda Johnson; David Murray; Alexa Hope; Clare Spencer; Carol Docherty ; Eileen MacAllister; Helen Swan and Robyn Kinsman Blake.
TEXTILES BY: Olive Pearson and Siobhan Gray featuring the loveliest of contemporary silk scarves in silk twill, lambs wool and modal and cashmere. Beautiful bespoke cushions of Scottish Islands and boats by Susan Mylne and finely felted tea lights and vases by Lynda Tyson.
CERAMICS BY: Angela Pointon with her sought after and quirky Clan range of jugs, fruit bowls and squinty paper cups; And a selection of all creatures great and small by ever popular ceramicist Alex Johannsen including, Penguins, Westie’s, Pugs, Daschunds, Scotties and Schnausers.
ARTISAN GLASSWARE BY: Dorte Pape renowned for her delightful range of glass garden and sea birds and hare and robin tealight panels. And Marc Peters’ exquisite glass vessels in vibrant colours.
SCULPTURES BY: Douglas Kerr working with paper clay to create remarkable vases and Tim Djikman whose creations from wlalnut, elm and yew are truly thought provoking. Morven Browne’s delicate and evocative sapling and tree sculptures are also always a talking point.
And finally back, by popular demand, are the gallery’s Swedish Santas and Elks …….so make your way to Thistle Gallery and choose your gorgeous gifts for family and friends.
Saturday, 26 November, 2016 – 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thistle Gallery, 56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Christmas in Glasgow, Christmas in Glasgow 2016 – festive menus, shows, shopping., Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- The Personal History of David Copperfield, GFT
- Celtic Connections: Field Music with Tenement and Temple, Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Creative Conversation: Kate Charlesworth, Illustrator and Writer
- Celtic Connections 2020: Lucy Rose review Fionnuala Boyle
- GRIT Orchestra Celtic Connections 2020 photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT