Cocktail @ Glad Cafe Saturday 7th March, 2015
Cocktail: fear, pain, power is a new work by writer Rachel Jury and Composer Andrew Cruickshank based on interviews with people who have experienced intra-Christian sectarianism in Scotland contemporary performance in style with singing, movement, a live four piece band and an intergenerational cast of eight with a mix of professional and community performers.
Humorous, moving and challenging.
Starts 8 p.m.
Running time: 45mins
Followed by an after show discussion
(donations accepted & booking recommended)
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Shawlands, Glasgow G41 2HG
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- Scenes for Survival – Danni the Champion NTS
- Scottish Opera – Pop Up Opera
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville
- Creative Conversations: Nicholson Baker
- Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Kayus Bankole & Kei Miller: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- Glasgow Women’s Library Bold Types Writing Competition
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Edinburgh Book Festival: Richard Holloway
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Hannah Lavery, Govanhill Book Festival
- Edinburgh Book Festival – Kirstin Innes: Who is Clio Campbell?