UWS Creative Media Academy MA Programme Launch and Symposium: Creativity and Form
Thursday, March 12
9:30am – 5:00pm
Film City Glasgow
401 Govan Road, Glasgow G51 2QJ
Join colleagues and industry practitioners from University of the West of Scotland’s Creative Media Academy for a free one day symposium on the question of ‘Creativity and Form’ at the UWS seminar space in Film City Glasgow to mark the launch of 2 new Master’s programmes in Filmmaking and Screenwriting.
The path from short to feature is the royal road all would-be filmmakers have to take. But how do you make the transition from capturing a short fragment of life, to developing character and narrative over an hour and a half?
In this day-long symposium invited filmmakers Duane Hopkins (Better Things, Bypass), and Shalimar Preuss (Ma Belle Gosse) discuss their experience of working across shorts and features, with contributions from Creative Media Academy documentarians and transmedia practitioners, Nick Higgins and Peter Snowdon, and producer and MA screenwriting tutor Paul Welsh.
Free entry but you must pre -register.
Please note there are limited places for this event and preference will be given to potential Masters applicants.
To register: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the title of this event in email subject line and indicate interest in either Filmmaking or Screenwriting MA programme.
Schedule for the day:
9.45-10am Introduction to new MAs and the symposium by Prof Nick Higgins
10-11.30am Duane Hopkins in conversation with Andrew Jarvis
11.30-11.45am Tea & Coffee break
11.45am- 1pm Creative Documentary & Transmedia Practice with Nick Higgins & Peter Snowdon
2-3.30pm Shalimar Preuss in conversation with Peter Snowdon
3.45- 5pm Panel discussion with Duane Hopkins, Shalimar Preuss, Paul Welsh and Peter Snowdon (chair: Prof Nick Higgins)
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Cinema
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- European Art House Cinema Day GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Cinemasters at GFT: Quentin Tarantino