UWS Creative Media Academy MA Programme Launch and Symposium: Creativity and Form
Thursday, March 12
9:30am – 5:00pm
Film City Glasgow
401 Govan Road, Glasgow G51 2QJ
Join colleagues and industry practitioners from University of the West of Scotland’s Creative Media Academy for a free one day symposium on the question of ‘Creativity and Form’ at the UWS seminar space in Film City Glasgow to mark the launch of 2 new Master’s programmes in Filmmaking and Screenwriting.
The path from short to feature is the royal road all would-be filmmakers have to take. But how do you make the transition from capturing a short fragment of life, to developing character and narrative over an hour and a half?
In this day-long symposium invited filmmakers Duane Hopkins (Better Things, Bypass), and Shalimar Preuss (Ma Belle Gosse) discuss their experience of working across shorts and features, with contributions from Creative Media Academy documentarians and transmedia practitioners, Nick Higgins and Peter Snowdon, and producer and MA screenwriting tutor Paul Welsh.
Free entry but you must pre -register.
Please note there are limited places for this event and preference will be given to potential Masters applicants.
To register: email email@example.com
Please include the title of this event in email subject line and indicate interest in either Filmmaking or Screenwriting MA programme.
Schedule for the day:
9.45-10am Introduction to new MAs and the symposium by Prof Nick Higgins
10-11.30am Duane Hopkins in conversation with Andrew Jarvis
11.30-11.45am Tea & Coffee break
11.45am- 1pm Creative Documentary & Transmedia Practice with Nick Higgins & Peter Snowdon
2-3.30pm Shalimar Preuss in conversation with Peter Snowdon
3.45- 5pm Panel discussion with Duane Hopkins, Shalimar Preuss, Paul Welsh and Peter Snowdon (chair: Prof Nick Higgins)
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Cinema
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- The Social Isolation Film Festival curated by GFT
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed
- Keeping Time novel by Thomas Legendre
- Much Left Unsaid by Finola Scott – poetry
- Freddy Anderson, Afternoon of Literature, Poetry and Song
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Neu Reekie at Aye Write
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, The August Virgin review Fionnuala Boyle
- Christie Williamson – Doors tae Naewye Launch at Express Yourself
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Celebrates Record Audience Figures